Stella English, who is suing the millionaire for constructive dismissal, is 'serial liar' Sugar alleges
Lord Sugar is being sued for constructive dismissal by English, 34, who won series six of the BBC1 show in 2010. He claims he has no case to answer and that English is after his money.
Giving evidence to the East London tribunal service, Sugar said the action taken by his former apprentice was akin to a slap in the face.
English of Whitstable, Kent was given a £100,000 role with Sugar's It division Viglen as her prize but resigned in May 2011 and complained that while there she was an "overpaid lackey", something her former boss strongly denied.
She said she felt pressurised into taking up a new position at Sugar's internet set-top box company YouView. »
Similar News ItemsAlan Sugar
- Asa Butterfield's favourite TV (From The Guardian - TV News. 14 March 2014, 11:50 PM, PDT)
- Michel Roux Jr leaving BBC and MasterChef in row over potato (From The Guardian - TV News. 11 March 2014, 5:05 PM, PDT)
- The Michael McIntyre Chat Show: What the critics thought (From Digital Spy - TV news. 11 March 2014, 7:17 AM, PDT)
"The Apprentice" (2005)
- Nick Hewer doesn't judge CBB's Luisa Zissman (From Virgin Media - TV. 28 January 2014, 8:15 AM, PST)
- Nick Hewer recalls Rob Brydon 'cuddle jumper': "I got ambushed" (From Digital Spy - TV news. 27 January 2014, 6:53 AM, PST)
- Corrie's Fiz 'angry' with Hayley over suicide (From Virgin Media - TV. 27 January 2014, 1:15 AM, PST)
House of Lords
- I'd want to return to India: Exiled composer Nadeem Saifi (From RealBollywood. 2 March 2014, 7:13 AM, PST)
- Weekly round-up: Voluntary Sector Network 31 January 2014 (From The Guardian - Film News. 31 January 2014, 2:40 AM, PST)
- Jack Monroe: 'It's time to focus on the real Benefits Street' | Jack Monroe (From The Guardian - TV News. 21 January 2014, 4:05 PM, PST)