This week has been abuzz with all things "Anchorman 2" or "Anchorman: The Legend Continues." First, we heard that Harrison Ford is joining the cast, and now, there may be a possibility for the great Meryl Streep to cameo in the sequel. And that's coming from Steve Carrell via Shortlist.
The comedian said Streep is a huge fan of "Anchorman" and she wants to participate in the sequel even for a cameo. "Meryl Streep told me she was a huge Anchorman fan and she.d love to have a cameo in the sequel," Carell revealed. "That could be really funny. There are going to be plenty of great cameos in this movie."
If this becomes true, then Streep will join the newbies to the franchise such as Ford, Kristen Wiig, and James Marsden. The returning cast members are Will Ferrell (of course!), Carell, Paul Rudd, Christina Applegate, and David Koechner. »
Similar News ItemsMeryl Streep
- Susan Boyle: my relief at discovering that I have Asperger's (From The Guardian - TV News. 7 December 2013, 4:12 PM, PST)
- Jeremy Irons joins Dev Patel in the biopic of Srinivasa Ramanuja: The Man Who Knew Infinity (From Bollyspice. 6 December 2013, 4:35 PM, PST)
- Will Oscar Sing for These Three Unsung Directors? (From Variety - Film News. 6 December 2013, 11:00 AM, PST)
- Recap: 'Saturday Night Live' – Paul Rudd and One Direction (From Hitfix. 7 December 2013, 7:58 PM, PST)
- 2013 L.A. Film Critics (Lafca) Winners and Runners-Up: Live Posting Here (From Alt Film Guide. 7 December 2013, 2:36 PM, PST)
- Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues Gallery with Over 30 New Photos (From MovieWeb. 7 December 2013, 8:14 AM, PST)
- ‘SNL’ Spoofs ‘Sound of Music’ With Kristen Wiig and Fred Armisen, ‘Anchorman’ Cast Joins One Direction (Video) (From The Wrap. 7 December 2013, 10:46 PM, PST)
- Paul Rudd hosts 'Saturday Night Live': Kristen Wiig, Fred Armisen, Will Ferrell and 'Anchorman' cast stop by (From Zap2It - From Inside the Box. 7 December 2013, 10:01 PM, PST)
- Paul Rudd and One Direction take on 'Saturday Night Live': Talk about it here! (From EW.com - PopWatch. 7 December 2013, 3:00 PM, PST)