In the final days of World War II, after the Germans had surrendered in Europe, the Japanese still fought hard thinking they could win. Even after numerous bombing raids on Tokyo and of course, the flight of the Enola Gay, Japan's surrender was always one of condition as set forth by Emperor Hirohito in hopes that some honor could be salvaged in a country where honor is more important that anything else.
Emperor is a film that picks up right after the Japanese surrendered aboard the U.S.S. Missouri in 1945. General Douglas MacArthur (Tommy Lee Jones), along with a handful of selected general's, military staffers, and MPs are flying to Tokyo to begin the occupation, and the investigation of the principal actors in Japan's hierarchy for the inevitable trials for war crimes.
General Bonner Fellers (Matthew Fox) serves under MacArthur and had spent five years in Japan before the attack on Pearl Harbor. »
Similar News Items"Lost" (2004)
- Enjoy Today with These First Images from The Tomorrow People (From Dread Central. 18 May 2013, 8:30 AM, PDT)
- Full Preview of Stephen King’s Under The Dome TV Series (From Icons of Fright. 17 May 2013, 10:03 PM, PDT)
- Sonic: Lost World Exclusive to Wii U and 3Ds (From TheHDRoom. 17 May 2013, 1:13 PM, PDT)
Tommy Lee Jones
- Hot Markets Drive Biz (From Variety - Film News. 18 May 2013, 3:18 PM, PDT)
- Sony Flies With Angry Birds Film (From EmpireOnline. 15 May 2013, 12:11 PM, PDT)
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier Peggy Carter One-Shot Plans Revealed (From MovieWeb. 15 May 2013, 10:21 AM, PDT)
Matthew Fox (I)
- Video Games: Trailer And Screenshots For World War Z Mobile Game (From ComicBookMovie. 16 May 2013, 3:34 AM, PDT)
- 'World War Z' viral clip warns of global 'Crisis Zero' for Brad Pitt vs zombies movie (From Pop2it. 15 May 2013, 2:26 PM, PDT)
- New World War Z PSA Remains Calm in the Face of Horror (From Dread Central. 14 May 2013, 12:46 PM, PDT)