In the final days of World War II, after the Germans had surrendered in Europe, the Japanese still fought hard thinking they could win. Even after numerous bombing raids on Tokyo and of course, the flight of the Enola Gay, Japan's surrender was always one of condition as set forth by Emperor Hirohito in hopes that some honor could be salvaged in a country where honor is more important that anything else.
Emperor is a film that picks up right after the Japanese surrendered aboard the U.S.S. Missouri in 1945. General Douglas MacArthur (Tommy Lee Jones), along with a handful of selected general's, military staffers, and MPs are flying to Tokyo to begin the occupation, and the investigation of the principal actors in Japan's hierarchy for the inevitable trials for war crimes.
General Bonner Fellers (Matthew Fox) serves under MacArthur and had spent five years in Japan before the attack on Pearl Harbor. »
Similar News Items"Lost" (2004)
- The Strain, Ep. 1.12, “Last Rites” is only a test (From SoundOnSight. 29 September 2014, 4:10 PM, PDT)
- Why Lost Fans Should Watch Once Upon a Time (From VH1.com. 29 September 2014, 11:30 AM, PDT)
- David Fincher Explains Passing Up Star Wars: Episode VII (From We Got This Covered. 29 September 2014, 9:15 AM, PDT)
Tommy Lee Jones
- Liam Neeson is out for revenge and on the run in first trailer for 'Taken 3' (From Hitfix. 30 September 2014, 10:02 AM, PDT)
- Counterculture and Hollywood Converge at Mill Valley Film Fest (From Variety - Film News. 30 September 2014, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Casting: Traue, Banderas, Winnick, Wesley (From Dark Horizons. 28 September 2014, 11:19 PM, PDT)
Matthew Fox (I)
- ‘Bone Tomahawk’ Adds Five To Cast; Kristina Lauren Anderson To Adapt Ya Novel ‘Invisibility’ (From Deadline New York. 29 September 2014, 9:21 PM, PDT)
- 'Bone Tomahawk' Adds David Arquette, Lili Simmons and Sid Haig (From MovieWeb. 29 September 2014, 4:57 PM, PDT)
- Lili Simmons, David Arquette board ultraviolent Western 'Bone Tomahawk' (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 29 September 2014, 3:53 PM, PDT)