In the final days of World War II, after the Germans had surrendered in Europe, the Japanese still fought hard thinking they could win. Even after numerous bombing raids on Tokyo and of course, the flight of the Enola Gay, Japan's surrender was always one of condition as set forth by Emperor Hirohito in hopes that some honor could be salvaged in a country where honor is more important that anything else.
Emperor is a film that picks up right after the Japanese surrendered aboard the U.S.S. Missouri in 1945. General Douglas MacArthur (Tommy Lee Jones), along with a handful of selected general's, military staffers, and MPs are flying to Tokyo to begin the occupation, and the investigation of the principal actors in Japan's hierarchy for the inevitable trials for war crimes.
General Bonner Fellers (Matthew Fox) serves under MacArthur and had spent five years in Japan before the attack on Pearl Harbor. »
Similar News Items"Lost" (2004)
- John Krasinski To Direct Live Read of ‘Good Will Hunting’ For Film Independent (From Indiewire. 22 September 2016, 3:23 PM, PDT)
- ‘The Legend Of Master Legend’: John Hawkes To Play the Lead In Amazon Pilot (From Deadline TV. 20 September 2016, 5:45 PM, PDT)
- ‘Porto’ Exclusive Clip: Anton Yelchin Stars In New Romance Executive Produced by Jim Jarmusch (From Indiewire. 20 September 2016, 2:53 PM, PDT)
Tommy Lee Jones
- Broad Green Hires Richie Fay as President of Distribution (From Variety - Film News. 14 September 2016, 11:12 AM, PDT)
- Beauty vs Beast: I Dream of Tommy Lee (From FilmExperience. 12 September 2016, 12:00 PM, PDT)
- The strange prehistory of 1995's Congo (From Den of Geek. 9 September 2016, 9:16 AM, PDT)
History Channel [us]
- Walton Goggins to Star in Showtime Comedy from Justified EPs (From TVLine.com. 22 September 2016, 5:58 AM, PDT)
- ‘Vikings’ Returns! New Episodes On A New Night And Time, Showrunner Teases ‘Monumental’ Season (From ET Canada. 14 September 2016, 10:53 AM, PDT)
- Sci-Fi Short ‘Re/Collection’ Shows a Love Tested By Memory and Technology (From Indiewire. 14 September 2016, 8:09 AM, PDT)