In the final days of World War II, after the Germans had surrendered in Europe, the Japanese still fought hard thinking they could win. Even after numerous bombing raids on Tokyo and of course, the flight of the Enola Gay, Japan's surrender was always one of condition as set forth by Emperor Hirohito in hopes that some honor could be salvaged in a country where honor is more important that anything else.
Emperor is a film that picks up right after the Japanese surrendered aboard the U.S.S. Missouri in 1945. General Douglas MacArthur (Tommy Lee Jones), along with a handful of selected general's, military staffers, and MPs are flying to Tokyo to begin the occupation, and the investigation of the principal actors in Japan's hierarchy for the inevitable trials for war crimes.
General Bonner Fellers (Matthew Fox) serves under MacArthur and had spent five years in Japan before the attack on Pearl Harbor. »
Similar News Items"Lost" (2004)
- Will the Next 'Transformers' Movie Be a Prequel? (From Moviefone. 27 May 2015, 10:15 AM, PDT)
- TV Review: ‘Sense8′ (From Variety - TV News. 27 May 2015, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- San Andreas Review (From The Hollywood News. 27 May 2015, 4:07 AM, PDT)
Tommy Lee Jones
- The 57 Greatest Westerns Ever, Ranked (From Moviefone. 26 May 2015, 2:00 AM, PDT)
- Castle season 7 episode 23 review: Hollander's Woods (From Den of Geek. 21 May 2015, 2:26 AM, PDT)
- Oscar-Nominated Film Series: Stone (Thrillingly) Assassinates Truth While Investigating Kennedy Assassination (From Alt Film Guide. 14 May 2015, 6:22 PM, PDT)
History Channel [us]
- How Well Does History Channel's Vikings Hold Up Against History? (From BuzzSugar. 26 May 2015, 5:28 PM, PDT)
- Bill Paxton, Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Olivier Martinez Talk Texas Rising (From Collider.com. 26 May 2015, 6:24 AM, PDT)
- Bill Paxton Channeled His Own Father For 2 Of His Sleaziest Roles (From Cinema Blend. 25 May 2015, 5:28 PM, PDT)