In the final days of World War II, after the Germans had surrendered in Europe, the Japanese still fought hard thinking they could win. Even after numerous bombing raids on Tokyo and of course, the flight of the Enola Gay, Japan's surrender was always one of condition as set forth by Emperor Hirohito in hopes that some honor could be salvaged in a country where honor is more important that anything else.
Emperor is a film that picks up right after the Japanese surrendered aboard the U.S.S. Missouri in 1945. General Douglas MacArthur (Tommy Lee Jones), along with a handful of selected general's, military staffers, and MPs are flying to Tokyo to begin the occupation, and the investigation of the principal actors in Japan's hierarchy for the inevitable trials for war crimes.
General Bonner Fellers (Matthew Fox) serves under MacArthur and had spent five years in Japan before the attack on Pearl Harbor. »
Similar News Items"Lost" (2004)
- Steven Yeun, David Morrissey to appear at Walker Stalker Con Dallas (From Cinelinx. 5 March 2015, 4:39 PM, PST)
- Netflix Nabs Global Streaming Rights For Supernatural Series ‘The Returned’ (From Tubefilter News. 5 March 2015, 10:08 AM, PST)
- New Bates Motel Season 3 Behind-the-Scenes Video (From DailyDead. 5 March 2015, 9:44 AM, PST)
Tommy Lee Jones
- Mike Judge to Honor Christopher Evan Welch with Posthumous Award (From Variety - Film News. 2 March 2015, 8:00 AM, PST)
- 11 of action cinema's great movie villain pairings (From Den of Geek. 25 February 2015, 8:11 AM, PST)
- '21 Jump Street' Director Talks 'Men in Black' Crossover (From MovieWeb. 24 February 2015, 3:09 PM, PST)
Matthew Fox (I)
- Horror Round-Up: Spring, Backcountry, Dark Was the Night (From DailyDead. 28 January 2015, 9:06 AM, PST)
- Chris Evans vs. Chris Pratt: The Super Bowl bet to end all Super Bowl bets (From Cineplex. 22 January 2015, 7:58 AM, PST)
- Broadchurch and the business of keeping secrets on TV (From Digital Spy - TV news. 12 January 2015, 7:20 AM, PST)