Previous attempts to make Lara Croft films were meritless, but now the game's had a reboot, there could be lessons learned
Now that Lara Croft – everyone's favourite 1990s, triangular-headed, uncomfortably-objectified archaeologist – has been reborn in a new Tomb Raider game, it is only a matter of time before someone decides to reinvigorate the bad old movie franchise as well. And so, with a heavy heart, I'm here to announce that a new Tomb Raider movie is already in its early stages.
According to Cvg, Crystal Dynamics is working with Gk Films to bring Croft and her inexplicable fondness for raiding tombs back to the big screen.
Anyone who's ever tried to sit through either of the previous two Tomb Raider films will no doubt feel a surge of anxiety. 2001's Lara Croft: Tomb Raider and 2003's Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life were, without any exaggeration, completely devoid of merit. »
- Stuart Heritage
Similar News ItemsAngelina Jolie
- Ellen DeGeneres Is Kate Middleton's Cousin and More Celebs You Didn't Know Were Royalty (From E! Online. 6 March 2015, 1:49 PM, PST)
- Garrett Hedlund Joins Ang Lee’s Iraq War Drama (From Variety - Film News. 6 March 2015, 12:59 PM, PST)
- The Walking Dead, Nightbreed: The Director’s Cut & Hannibal Nominated in 41st Annual Saturn Awards (From DailyDead. 4 March 2015, 11:00 AM, PST)
Daniel Craig (I)
- Star Wars Actor Ford Injured in Plane Accident in Los Angeles Area (From Alt Film Guide. 5 March 2015, 4:43 PM, PST)
- 'Spectre' Set Video Shows 'James Bond' Car Chase in Rome (From MovieWeb. 4 March 2015, 7:12 AM, PST)
- Sir Roger Moore reprises role as James Bond for Comic Relief (From Virgin Media - TV. 4 March 2015, 3:00 AM, PST)
- Tom Hooper’s The Danish Girl To Be Released November 27th, 2015 For Awards Season (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 4 March 2015, 12:10 PM, PST)
- Baby, It's Cold Outside - Frigid New York Festival 2015 (From CultureCatch. 4 March 2015, 6:26 AM, PST)
- 'Vikings' Season 3 Interview with Katheryn Winnick | Exclusive (From MovieWeb. 2 March 2015, 8:52 AM, PST)