BBC One's Mayday has steadied itself in the ratings and beat rival ITV drama Lightfields last night.
Tuesday's penultimate edition of the drama, stripped across the week, averaged 4.38 million viewers across the 9pm hour and a 19.3% share.
March's Mayday, which began with over 6 million viewers on Sunday, was dented by ITV's new David Tennant series the following night.
However, ITV couldn't repeat its success as Marchlands sequel Lightfields slumped to 2.54m (11.2%) and 462,000 on +1 for its second episode.
Last week, Lightfields got the better of BBC One's broadcast of Child in our Time.
Fake Britain preceded Mayday on BBC One with 3.91m (17.6%) at 8.30pm, while Simon Cowell food show Food Glorious Food fell to an underwhelming 2.35m (10.5%) and 127,000 on +1.
Meanwhile, Born To Kill? interested 1.31m (5.9%) on 5 (+1: »
Similar News ItemsSimon Cowell (I)
- Simon Cowell explains how he got "100%" hypnotised by a dog on Britain's Got Talent (From Digital Spy - TV news. 24 April 2015, 4:01 PM, PDT)
- Sinitta throws doubt on X Factor judges' return: 'Changing the panel is Simon's plan' (From Digital Spy - TV news. 24 April 2015, 3:03 PM, PDT)
- Can Ant & Dec identify members of S Club Juniors and Blazin' Squad? (From Digital Spy - TV news. 24 April 2015, 7:11 AM, PDT)
Channel 4 [gb]
- Unreported World review – a family reunion with Krishnan Guru-Murthy (From The Guardian - TV News. 24 April 2015, 11:00 PM, PDT)
- Jeremy Paxman, David Mitchell go door-to-door in Alternative Election Night trailer (From Digital Spy - TV news. 24 April 2015, 12:21 PM, PDT)
- BBC Four axes comedy Puppy Love after one series (From Digital Spy - TV news. 24 April 2015, 10:44 AM, PDT)
David Tennant (I)
- W1A review: ‘nibbling, not biting, satire’ (From The Guardian - TV News. 23 April 2015, 11:00 PM, PDT)
- W1A premiere review: BBC's self-flagellating satire finally hits its stride (From Digital Spy - TV news. 23 April 2015, 2:01 PM, PDT)
- Broadchurch Season 2 Finale Postmortem: Was Justice Served? (From Collider.com. 23 April 2015, 10:26 AM, PDT)