BBC One's Mayday has steadied itself in the ratings and beat rival ITV drama Lightfields last night.
Tuesday's penultimate edition of the drama, stripped across the week, averaged 4.38 million viewers across the 9pm hour and a 19.3% share.
March's Mayday, which began with over 6 million viewers on Sunday, was dented by ITV's new David Tennant series the following night.
However, ITV couldn't repeat its success as Marchlands sequel Lightfields slumped to 2.54m (11.2%) and 462,000 on +1 for its second episode.
Last week, Lightfields got the better of BBC One's broadcast of Child in our Time.
Fake Britain preceded Mayday on BBC One with 3.91m (17.6%) at 8.30pm, while Simon Cowell food show Food Glorious Food fell to an underwhelming 2.35m (10.5%) and 127,000 on +1.
Meanwhile, Born To Kill? interested 1.31m (5.9%) on 5 (+1: »
Similar News ItemsSimon Cowell (I)
- Britain's Got Talent: Who's performing in semi-final 1 on Monday night? (From Digital Spy - TV news. 25 May 2015, 4:57 AM, PDT)
- What to Watch: Tonight's TV Picks - Britain's Got Talent, Game of Thrones (From Digital Spy - TV news. 25 May 2015, 4:00 AM, PDT)
- Britain's Got Talent ep 7: Twitter reacts to the final round of auditions (From Digital Spy - TV news. 23 May 2015, 1:42 PM, PDT)
Channel 4 [gb]
- UK TV ratings: Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell falls to 2.57m on Sunday (From Digital Spy - TV news. 25 May 2015, 2:44 AM, PDT)
- UK TV ratings: Eurovision 2015 averages 6.6 million on BBC One (From Digital Spy - TV news. 24 May 2015, 2:59 AM, PDT)
- UK TV ratings: Big Brother: Timebomb - Live Eviction peaks with 1.17 million (From Digital Spy - TV news. 23 May 2015, 7:10 AM, PDT)
David Tennant (I)
- Doctor Who Symphonic Spectacular review: A wonderful treat for fans (From Digital Spy - TV news. 25 May 2015, 3:39 AM, PDT)
- 12 Doctor Who Gifs That Only True Fans Will Appreciate (From Obsessed with Film. 24 May 2015, 2:52 PM, PDT)
- Comic Book Review – Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency #1 (From Flickeringmyth. 20 May 2015, 10:03 AM, PDT)