Get More: Colbert Report Full Episodes,Political Humor & Satire Blog,Video Archive
By now, James Franco should know better than to challenge Stephen Colbert's "Lord of the Rings" knowledge. The "Colbert Report" host is such a big fan of J.R.R. Tolkien that he was invited to New Zealand to film a cameo in "The Hobbit." Yes, really.
So when Franco came on "The Colbert Report" to promote his new movie "Oz the Great and Powerful," he couldn't resist telling Colbert that he had just started re-reading "The Silmarillrion." He had tested Colbert's love of Tolkien during a previous appearance on the talk show, and did so once again during his most recent one.
"Name me two, just two, of the Valar," Franco demanded. Colbert named many more than just two, proving that he is not a Tolkien fan to be trifled with. "You come into my house? »
Similar News ItemsJames Franco
- Sundance Film Festival 2017: The Ultimate Party Guide (From Variety - Film News. 18 January 2017, 1:58 PM, PST)
- Slamdance 2017: 13 Must-See Films At This Year’s Festival (From Indiewire. 17 January 2017, 9:00 AM, PST)
- Zoey Deutch and Boyfriend Avan Jogia Breakup After 5 Years Together (From E! Online. 13 January 2017, 6:37 PM, PST)
- ‘Last Week Tonight With John Oliver’ Season 4 Promo: Larry David and ‘Game of Thrones’ Take Center Stage (From Indiewire Television. 18 January 2017, 10:32 AM, PST)
- ‘Last Week Tonight With John Oliver’ Season 4 Promo: Larry David and ‘Game of Thrones’ Take Center Stage (From Indiewire. 18 January 2017, 10:32 AM, PST)
- Stephen Colbert Thinks Donald Trump Needs the Weekend Off (From TVovermind.com. 18 January 2017, 4:31 AM, PST)
"The Colbert Report" (2005)
- Doug Herzog Talks Viacom, Comedy Central and Next Steps After Departure (Exclusive) (From Variety - TV News. 21 December 2016, 3:20 PM, PST)
- Viacom CEO Takes on Direct Oversight of MTV, Comedy Central, Spike TV (From Variety - TV News. 21 December 2016, 12:41 PM, PST)
- Comedy Central, MTV Chief Doug Herzog Exits Viacom (From Variety - TV News. 21 December 2016, 10:37 AM, PST)