The new horror anthology "The ABCs of Death" wants to give gorehounds what they want in alphabetical order by representing each of their 26 segments with a letter. That's fine with us, since we always have plenty of death scenes organized with the Dewey Decimal System, and here are 15 of the most memorable, bloody, and enjoyable ones in the bunch.
Oh yeah, um, spoilers.
Taketoki Washizu in 'Throne of Blood' (1957)
'A' is for 'Arrows'
In one of Akira Kurosawa's many samurai epics with star/badass supreme Toshiro Mifune, the two of them created the kind of arrow-related death that "Lord of the Rings" elf Legolas must dream about at night. By the time this Macbeth stand-in is done for he's got more wood in him than Jenna Jameson and resembles a stoned porcupine. Sayonara, sucker!
- Max Evry
Similar News ItemsBrad Pitt
- Why ‘Dallas Buyers Club’ Took 20 Years to Hit the Big Screen (From The Wrap. 12 December 2013, 5:14 PM, PST)
- ‘World War Z’ for Best Picture? (From Variety - Film News. 12 December 2013, 2:00 PM, PST)
- Best of 2013: A comparison of Jimmy Fallon and Jimmy Kimmel (From EW.com - PopWatch. 12 December 2013, 12:00 PM, PST)
Star Wars (1977)
- Producer Frank Marshall hints at Indiana Jones 5 (From Flickeringmyth. 12 December 2013, 3:07 PM, PST)
- Retro Games That Deserve a Reboot: Star Fox (From Cinelinx. 12 December 2013, 2:17 PM, PST)
- New Set of Fantastic Lego Star Wars Photos (From GeekTyrant. 12 December 2013, 1:30 PM, PST)
- Jason Clarke in final talks to play John Connor in Terminator: Genesis (From Flickeringmyth. 12 December 2013, 9:54 AM, PST)
- Jason Clarke May Play John Connor in Terminator Reboot (From Worst Previews. 12 December 2013, 4:34 AM, PST)
- Terminator: Genesis close to casting John Connor (From TheMovieBit. 12 December 2013, 3:25 AM, PST)