Sneak Peek "Gainsbourg: Heroic Life"", the 2010 French-language feature directed by Joann Sfar, following the life of singer/songwriter/film director 'Serge Gainsbourg' (Eric Elmosnino), from his childhood in occupied France, to his rise as an international pop star.
His varied style and individuality made Gainsbourg's songs difficult to categorize, although he is regarded as one of the world's most influential pop musicians.
In 1969, Gainsbourg released the song "Je t'aime... moi non plus", featuring explicit lyrics accompanied by the simulated sounds of a female orgasm.
While Gainsbourg declared the composition the "ultimate love song" "Je T'aime" was censored in various countries, with the Vatican declaring at the time, that the song was 'offensive'.
Despite the controversy, the song charted in the top ten across Europe, »
- Michael Stevens
Similar News ItemsJoann Sfar
- Studiocanal, Blueprint team for Matt Haig's 'A Boy Called Christmas' (From ScreenDaily. 15 May 2016, 10:00 PM, PDT)
- Joann Sfar Sinks Teeth Into ‘Petit Vampire’; Studiocanal Selling – Cannes (From Deadline. 14 May 2016, 4:36 AM, PDT)
- Cannes: Tiberius takes Audrey Tautou comedy 'Open At Night' (From ScreenDaily. 10 May 2016, 5:05 AM, PDT)
- Looking For (But Never Really Finding) Anna Karina in New York (From MUBI. 6 July 2016, 6:16 AM, PDT)
- "Masculin Féminin" Musique (From MUBI. 20 June 2016, 7:33 AM, PDT)
- On my radar: Charlotte Gainsbourg’s cultural highlights (From The Guardian - TV News. 19 June 2016, 2:00 AM, PDT)
- First Look at Bong Joon-ho’s ‘Okja,’ Krzysztof Kieślowski’s ‘Decalogue’ Hitting Theaters, and More (From The Film Stage. 19 July 2016, 1:41 PM, PDT)
- Jane Birkin To Be Honored at Locarno Film Fest (From Women and Hollywood. 18 July 2016, 7:01 AM, PDT)
- 1960s Icon Jane Birkin to Be Celebrated by Locarno Film Festival (From Variety - Film News. 14 July 2016, 4:11 AM, PDT)