Stephen King is one of the most recognized and celebrated writers of the last 50 years and his movies have been adapted into some of the most recognized and celebrated films of the last 50 years. King has a seminal voice in the pantheon of modern horror and supernatural fiction, yet he has also proven he can write some incredible tales in a multitude of genres.
His stories have become increasingly popular as his career has expanded, which has caused some of the most major filmmakers working from 1975 all the way to the present day to have a desire to adapt his stories. Not only are King’s books widely recognized by the masses, but the films that bear his name have also become pop culture touchstones in their own right.
With this list, I present to you the 5 greatest movies based on Stephen King stories…
5. Stand By Me (The Body) (1986)
- Dolan Reynolds
Similar News ItemsStephen King (I)
- First Look at Apocalyptic Stephen King Adaptation Cell (From QuietEarth. 17 April 2015, 8:52 AM, PDT)
- Unfriended | Review (From ioncinema. 16 April 2015, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Blu-ray Review: Carrie (2002) / The Rage: Carrie 2 (From DailyDead. 16 April 2015, 9:17 AM, PDT)
- 20 movie villains and the menacing stories they tell (From Den of Geek. 15 April 2015, 5:33 AM, PDT)
- A Brief (Pun Intended) History of Lawyers in the Movies (From The Hollywood Interview. 13 April 2015, 2:25 AM, PDT)
- Alex Garland of 'Ex Machina' follows others who took a writing-to-directing leap (From Hitfix. 11 April 2015)
Stand by Me (1986)
- It’s Friday: Cry Watching Tracy Chapman Sing ‘Stand by Me’ to David Letterman, or Maybe Just Cry From the Relief of a Work Week Finished (From Vulture. 17 April 2015, 2:49 PM, PDT)
- Stephen King's 'Dark Tower' Saga Eyed for Film Franchise, TV Series (From Rolling Stone. 11 April 2015, 8:30 AM, PDT)
- New on DVD/Blu-ray: 'The Sure Thing,' 'Into the Woods,' 'The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies' and More (From Movies.com. 24 March 2015, 9:30 PM, PDT)