Stephen King is one of the most recognized and celebrated writers of the last 50 years and his movies have been adapted into some of the most recognized and celebrated films of the last 50 years. King has a seminal voice in the pantheon of modern horror and supernatural fiction, yet he has also proven he can write some incredible tales in a multitude of genres.
His stories have become increasingly popular as his career has expanded, which has caused some of the most major filmmakers working from 1975 all the way to the present day to have a desire to adapt his stories. Not only are King’s books widely recognized by the masses, but the films that bear his name have also become pop culture touchstones in their own right.
With this list, I present to you the 5 greatest movies based on Stephen King stories…
5. Stand By Me (The Body) (1986)
- Dolan Reynolds
Similar News ItemsStephen King (I)
- Stephen King’s Finders Keepers Cover Art Revealed (From DailyDead. 30 January 2015, 10:39 AM, PST)
- Artwork Found for Stephen King’s Finders Keepers (From Dread Central. 30 January 2015, 10:18 AM, PST)
- Mortdecai Review (From Monsters and Critics. 30 January 2015, 4:30 AM, PST)
- The Definitive Movies of 1995 (From SoundOnSight. 30 January 2015, 8:01 PM, PST)
- Win Tickets To The Princess Bride At B&B Theatre’s February Retro Night (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 29 January 2015, 12:36 PM, PST)
- Lost in the Awards Rush: Nine (From Slackerwood. 27 January 2015, 8:00 AM, PST)
Stand by Me (1986)
- Sundance: Blythe Danner on ‘I’ll See You in My Dreams,’ Oscar Buzz and Smoking Pot (From Variety - Film News. 28 January 2015, 6:49 PM, PST)
- “Look What I Made You”: In Defense Of James Wan’s Death Sentence (2007) (From Icons of Fright. 24 January 2015, 3:10 AM, PST)
- Page 2: Star Wars, Forrest Gump, Muppets, Inside Out, Conan, Interstellar, American Sniper, Stand By Me, Alien (From Slash Film. 21 January 2015, 1:00 PM, PST)