Director Alejandro González Iñárritu has brought on Michael Keaton, Emma Stone, Naomi Watts, and Zach Galifianakis to star in his first comedy, Birdman. We first reported on this project back in December.
The story follows an aging actor who once played a famous superhero, trying to mount a comeback on Broadway. Michael Keaton, who starred in 1989's Batman and 1992's Batman Returns, will play the actor trying to get back on top. Emma Stone is portraying Michael Keaton's daughter and his new assistant, fresh off her stint in rehab. Naomi Watts and Zach Galifianakis are playing an actress and producer, respectively.
Our story from December revealed that the story will take place all in one location over the span of three days, as he tries to juggle his comeback attempt with his family life. Other parts that still need to be cast are the play's main lead and the actor's ex-wife. »
Similar News ItemsEmma Stone (III)
- Our dream cast for the 'Goldfinch' movie (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 30 July 2014, 3:55 PM, PDT)
- The ‘Magic’ Is Gone: The Lazy Nihilism of Woody Allen (From Variety - Film News. 30 July 2014, 2:03 PM, PDT)
- Jackie Weaver Dishes On 'Magic In The Moonlight' & Woody Allen [Exclusive Video] (From Uinterview. 29 July 2014, 9:00 PM, PDT)
- Venice: Al Pacino, Willem Dafoe, Ethan Hawke Set for Double Duty (From The Hollywood Reporter. 24 July 2014, 5:31 PM, PDT)
- Kristen Bell's Mary Poppins Quits Her Minimum-Wage Job (Video) (From The Wrap. 24 July 2014, 10:10 AM, PDT)
- Venice Film Festival Lineup Announced; Includes Birdman And Manglehorn (From We Got This Covered. 24 July 2014, 8:55 AM, PDT)
- Production Begins on Gus Van Sant’s Sea Of Trees Starring Matthew McConaughey, Ken Watanabe, and Naomi Watts (From Collider.com. 30 July 2014, 4:04 PM, PDT)
- Sea Of Trees commences shoot (From ScreenDaily. 30 July 2014, 3:37 PM, PDT)
- Matthew McConaughey's 'Sea of Trees' Begins Shooting in Japan (From MovieWeb. 30 July 2014, 2:51 PM, PDT)