In theory, time travel sounds like it might be quite a bit of fun, darting from one time period to the other to witness great historical events as they happen or or engaging in more simple pleasures like stopping Chris Brown from being conceived.
It could also improve your standard Friday night out, instead of spending in your regular pub, why not travel for some drinks and debate with Hemingway, like in Midnight In Paris? Or instead of your boring African safari’s, you go back sixty-five million years and hunt dinosaurs, which is what happened in B-Movie crapfest A Sound Of Thunder?
Both sound like far more fun than happy hour at Pitcher & Piano, but as the face palm above illustrates, time travel is actually a spectacularly annoying and pretty dangerous way to spend your free time. Here are ten ways that films have shown us why it should be avoided at all costs. »
- Tom Gilchrist
Similar News ItemsBrad Pitt
- ‘Imaginary Mary’ Star Jenna Elfman Is Fed Up with Network TV, But Giving It One More Shot — IndieWire’s Turn It On Podcast (From Indiewire. 20 April 2017, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- ‘Imaginary Mary’ Star Jenna Elfman Is Fed Up with Network TV, But Giving It One More Shot — IndieWire’s Turn It On Podcast (From Indiewire Television. 20 April 2017, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- 'Fargo': A Guide to the Show's Coen Brothers' References (From Rolling Stone. 20 April 2017, 6:48 AM, PDT)
- Bruce Willis goes all John Wick in first trailer for Once Upon a Time in Venice (From Flickeringmyth. 24 April 2017, 10:25 AM, PDT)
- Otd: Babs, Shirley, and "Cool" from West Side Story (From FilmExperience. 24 April 2017, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- Kurt Russell Pitched an 80s Action Hero Movie Universe (From MovieWeb. 21 April 2017, 10:53 AM, PDT)
Midnight in Paris (2011)
- The Woodman (From Trailers from Hell. 16 April 2017, 3:45 PM, PDT)
- Toronto: The Cinematic City (From FilmSchoolRejects. 13 April 2017, 5:51 AM, PDT)
- 7 Filmmakers Deeply Influenced by Luis Buñuel (From Indiewire. 24 March 2017, 8:00 AM, PDT)