One of the great mysteries of modern times (or maybe just this week) has been solved! Barbara Walters has revealed that it was actor Frank Langella who infected her with the chicken pox, thus causing the "View" host to miss six weeks of work.
Initially, Walters would not divulge the identity of the actor who infected her with the virus, saying only that he was "well-known" and that she had exchanged a New Year's kiss with the man. However, once Langella's name was reported in association with the disease transmission, Walters came clean.
"It was Frank Langella," Walters admitted on Tuesday (March 5) on "The View" when her co-host, Joy Behar, noted that the media already had his name. Langella, as it turned out, was suffering from shingles -- a disease caused by the same virus as the chicken pox -- but was not diagnosed until later.
Click here to watch Walters talk about the situation. »
Similar News Items"The View" (1997)
- Rosie Perez Returning to The View After Rumors She Was Leaving After Only Four Months (From Us Weekly. 29 January 2015, 12:06 PM, PST)
- ‘View’s’ Whoopi Goldberg to Vaccine Opponents: ‘If I Get Measles, I’m Coming to Your House’ (Video) (From The Wrap. 29 January 2015, 10:36 AM, PST)
- Jesse Ventura Slams ‘American Sniper’ Chris Kyle: ‘You Can’t Have Honor if You’re a Liar’ (From The Wrap. 29 January 2015, 6:38 AM, PST)
- Inside ABC’s Botched Plan to Fire Rosie Perez From ‘The View’ (Exclusive) (From Variety - TV News. 26 January 2015, 5:18 PM, PST)
- 5 Ways ‘The View’ Can Avoid the ‘Today’ Show Fall (From The Wrap. 22 January 2015, 11:59 AM, PST)
- ‘The Megyn Kelly Moment’ Gets Spotlight in Revealing NY Times Profile (From The Wrap. 21 January 2015, 11:23 AM, PST)
- Anton Yelchin & Berenice Marlohe Have an Affair in '5 to 7' Trailer (From FirstShowing.net. 28 January 2015, 10:02 PM, PST)
- Season premiere review: 'The Americans' - 'Est Men': The deep end (From Hitfix. 28 January 2015, 8:06 PM, PST)
- The Americans Season Premiere Review: “Est Men” (Season 3, Episode 1) (From We Got This Covered. 28 January 2015, 8:00 PM, PST)