Josh Bergasse is the man to commend for the stellar Smash choreography. (photos: NBC)
Watching the NBC series Smash, it’s easy to think that some of those musical numbers in the show just happen. But, inside scoop here, someone is working tirelessly behind the scenes to create that fantastic choreography. That someone is Joshua Bergasse, the show’s choreographer who won an Emmy last fall for his work on the Broadway-based show.
We sat down on the New York set of Smash recently to talk to Bergasse about his tough Emmy competition against many familiar faces and how working on Season 2 has been very different from the first.
AfterElton: Congratulations on the Emmy. Obviously, when you are creating these numbers, you are not really thinking, ‘Oh, this could really bring me an Emmy,’ right? What’s the process for submitting?
Joshua Bergasse: You can submit three routines per choreographer. »
Similar News Items"Dancing with the Stars" (2005/I)
- ABC 2015-16 Season Ratings (updated 6/30/16) (From TVSeriesFinale. 30 June 2016, 1:21 PM, PDT)
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy And Peta Murgatroyd Are Expecting Their First Child (From Uinterview. 30 June 2016, 8:28 AM, PDT)
- Check Out the Fall 2016 Television Schedule (updated 6/29/16) (From TVSeriesFinale. 29 June 2016, 7:30 PM, PDT)
"So You Think You Can Dance" (2005)
- Fox 2015-16 Season Ratings (updated 6/30/16) (From TVSeriesFinale. 30 June 2016, 1:21 PM, PDT)
- Monday TV Ratings: Mistresses, Sytycd, American Ninja Warrior, Brain Dead, Whose Line Is it Anyway (From TVSeriesFinale. 28 June 2016, 1:23 PM, PDT)
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 13: Meet the Top 10 Dancers (From BuddyTV. 28 June 2016, 10:32 AM, PDT)
- Vanessa Lachey Joins First Wives Club Remake at TV Land (From TVLine.com. 30 June 2016, 3:26 PM, PDT)
- Maya & Marty: Broadway for Orlando Performs — Plus: Best and Worst Sketches Featuring Ricky Gervais (From TVLine.com. 21 June 2016, 8:29 PM, PDT)
- Smash's Leslie Odom, Jr. Admits Season 2 Was 'Not That Great' (From TVLine.com. 15 June 2016, 7:25 AM, PDT)