Josh Bergasse is the man to commend for the stellar Smash choreography. (photos: NBC)
Watching the NBC series Smash, it’s easy to think that some of those musical numbers in the show just happen. But, inside scoop here, someone is working tirelessly behind the scenes to create that fantastic choreography. That someone is Joshua Bergasse, the show’s choreographer who won an Emmy last fall for his work on the Broadway-based show.
We sat down on the New York set of Smash recently to talk to Bergasse about his tough Emmy competition against many familiar faces and how working on Season 2 has been very different from the first.
AfterElton: Congratulations on the Emmy. Obviously, when you are creating these numbers, you are not really thinking, ‘Oh, this could really bring me an Emmy,’ right? What’s the process for submitting?
Joshua Bergasse: You can submit three routines per choreographer. »
Similar News Items"Dancing with the Stars" (2005/I)
- Check Out the Fall 2017 Television Schedule (Updated 6/22/17) (From TVSeriesFinale. 23 June 2017, 1:13 AM, PDT)
- ‘World of Dance’ poll results: Derek Hough is your favorite judge — Sorry, Jennifer Lopez and Ne-Yo! (From Gold Derby. 22 June 2017, 4:40 PM, PDT)
- Dancing With the Stars' Edyta Sliwinska Gives Birth to Baby No. 2 With Alec Mazo (From E! Online. 22 June 2017, 3:42 PM, PDT)
"So You Think You Can Dance" (2005)
- Fox Fall Premiere Dates: Empire, Lucifer, Lethal Weapon, Gotham and More (From TVLine.com. 22 June 2017, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- World of Dance: Season One Ratings (From TVSeriesFinale. 21 June 2017, 8:51 PM, PDT)
- So You Think You Can Dance: Season 14 Ratings (From TVSeriesFinale. 20 June 2017, 9:12 PM, PDT)
- Gone: Andy Mientus (Smash) to Star in NBCUniversal Drama Series (From TVSeriesFinale. 15 June 2017, 8:40 PM, PDT)
- TVLine Items: Thrones Vet to Hill House, Hacker Role for Flash Alum and More (From TVLine.com. 13 June 2017, 12:20 PM, PDT)
- ‘Gone’: Andy Mientus Cast As Series Regular In Drama Series For NBCU, Rtl & TF1 (From Deadline TV. 13 June 2017, 8:50 AM, PDT)