Warm Bodies surprised us, not that it managed to coalesce enough to really push up in the ratings, but we went in with pretty low expectations. The most important thing about the film was probably the degree to which it let us down by having the tools and not capitalizing on them – something that we’ll repeat when we get to Nicholas Hoult‘s next movie.
Still, we had fun, mostly, and it was entertaining enough. Most of our complaints were along the lines of how it could have, and should have, been better, as opposed to just that it went in a garbage direction, so it’s got that going for it.
Something about it makes me hope for interesting things on the home release, which is more than you can say for a lot of three star films. What that comes down to, I suppose, is that we recommend it, »
- Marc Eastman
Similar News ItemsSummit Entertainment [us]
- Mechanic: Resurrection Review (From We Got This Covered. 27 August 2016, 11:45 AM, PDT)
- Jessica Alba And Jason Statham Engage In Fisticuffs In Latest Mechanic: Resurrection Clip (From We Got This Covered. 23 August 2016, 7:16 AM, PDT)
- Wamg Giveaway – Win A Signed Copy Of The Indignation Soundtrack (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 11 August 2016, 8:11 PM, PDT)
- ‘Angry Birds’ sequel is (supposedly) happening (From Hitfix. 26 August 2016, 8:15 AM, PDT)
- ‘Gotham’ Casts Mad Hatter’s Sister for Season 3 (From Variety - TV News. 23 August 2016, 9:10 AM, PDT)
- Black Label Media Acquires Emily Giffin’s ‘First Comes Love’ (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 22 August 2016, 4:29 PM, PDT)
Teresa Palmer (I)
- You Should Watch this Film with the Lights Out in October! (From 28 Days Later Analysis. 26 August 2016, 1:21 PM, PDT)
- Lights Out Blu-ray, DVD, and Digital HD Release Details & Cover Art (From DailyDead. 25 August 2016, 5:50 PM, PDT)
- Warner Bros. Turns the ‘Lights Out’ On Home Video (From Bloody-Disgusting.com. 25 August 2016, 1:34 PM, PDT)