Academy Award winner Geena Davis on Monday waded into the ongoing controversy over this year’s Oscars ceremony by saying host Seth MacFarlane’s routine was disrespectful to women, particularly the performers who were being honored.
The Thelma & Louise star said MacFarlane’s much-criticized routine last month overshadowed the win of an animated film with a strong female character.
“It’s a shame that that triumph was enveloped in an awards ceremony containing disrespect for women,” Davis told members of the California Assembly during a ceremony in Sacramento. “But it helps illustrate how tone-deaf we can still be regarding the status of women. »
- Associated Press
Similar News ItemsTina Fey
- How 7 Celebs Got Their Famous Scars (From newser. 26 December 2014, 7:32 AM, PST)
- Top 10 Awards Moments of 2014: Ellen's Oscar selfie, Robin Williams' Emmy tribute ... (From Gold Derby. 25 December 2014, 11:16 AM, PST)
- The Best Film and TV Reunions of the Year (From VH1.com. 24 December 2014, 6:00 AM, PST)
- My Top 10 Best Movies of 2014! Plus, Runners-Up and The Worst! (From Manny the Movie Guy. 24 December 2014, 4:54 PM, PST)
- Why Hollywood Isn’t Freaking Over Bummer 2014 Box Office (From The Wrap. 23 December 2014, 5:56 PM, PST)
- TheWrap’s Film Critics Pick 10 Worst Movies of 2014 (From The Wrap. 23 December 2014, 5:29 PM, PST)
Jamie Lee Curtis
- 10 Holiday Movies You Can Stream on Netflix (From BuzzSugar. 24 December 2014, 2:00 PM, PST)
- A Definitive Look at the Best and Worst Christmas Films Released Since 2000 (From Entertainment Tonight. 21 December 2014, 10:15 PM, PST)
- Scream Queens Will Be American Horror Story: Coven–Like, Says Emma Roberts (From Vulture. 12 December 2014, 3:00 PM, PST)