At the 2013 Oscar Ceremony, Bond girl Halle Berry introduced the montage of homage made to honor 50 years of 007, calling the music in the films, “a genre all its own.”
While a very nice thing to say, she may have been more right than she realized. Through the classic riff played by Vic Flick in Dr. No, the power pop of Shirley Bassey in Goldfinger, and Tom Jones’ booming performance of Thunderball, James Bond music definitely has a unique sound. It’s easy to tell when the Bond theme is being parodied or recycled in other forms of music.
However, there are only twenty-three Bond films (25 including the Non-Eon rogue films) and even fewer themes to define this so-called “genre.” Or is there?
James Bond is a legacy that everyone wants to be part of. So it comes as no surprise that for every Bond film song that got picked, there »
- Michael Thompson
Similar News ItemsHalle Berry
- Halle Berry to launch TV production company (From RealBollywood. 8 March 2014, 4:40 PM, PST)
- CinePlex's X-men: Days Of Future Past Behind The Scenes Vid (From ComicBookMovie. 7 March 2014, 11:46 AM, PST)
- We love you, now change: What other actors are due for a McConaissance? (From EW.com - PopWatch. 6 March 2014, 2:50 PM, PST)
- Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey Review: Neil deGrasse Tyson Tours The Universe (From Collider.com. 8 March 2014, 7:49 PM, PST)
- 'Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey': President Barack Obama to introduce Fox special (From Zap2It - From Inside the Box. 8 March 2014, 7:00 PM, PST)
- President Obama to Introduce 'Cosmos' Premiere (From Rolling Stone. 8 March 2014, 2:06 PM, PST)
Dr. No (1962)
- Don’t Miss John Hurt In Snowpiercer! [Trailer] (From Kasterborous. 20 February 2014, 11:56 AM, PST)
- Big turning points in the James Bond movie franchise (From Den of Geek. 20 February 2014, 4:51 AM, PST)
- Seven On-Screen Murderers We Just Can’t Help but Love (From ReelzChannel. 17 February 2014, 7:14 AM, PST)