Directed by Ben Affleck.
Based on a true story, Argo retells the events surrounding the extraction of 6 Americans after the storming of the Us Embassy in Iran.
Regardless of how you feel about its Best Picture win at the 2013 Oscars, it cannot be disputed that Argo is a very good film. Ben Affleck is proving - or has proved I should say - that he is a very accomplished director who can tell a fascinating story ripe expertly crafted. That being said I think it could have been improved if we had felt a little something more for the characters, the situation, and knowledge of it is what caused the majority of the tension, as I had no real investment in the characters themselves, only situation they were in. »
- Flickering Myth
Similar News ItemsBen Affleck
- 'Mallrats 2' Brings Back Jeremy London and Ethan Suplee (From MovieWeb. 27 March 2015, 6:23 PM, PDT)
- Gillian Flynn To Write Steve McQueen’s Female Heist Flick Widows (From We Got This Covered. 27 March 2015, 4:30 PM, PDT)
- Superhero Bits: Superman, Captain Marvel, X-Men: Apocalypse, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Batman (From Slash Film. 27 March 2015, 4:00 PM, PDT)
- Idris Elba Up For Lead Antagonist In ‘Star Trek 3′ (From The Hollywood News. 28 March 2015, 10:50 AM, PDT)
- 'Godzilla' Goes to Hell in New Comic Book Series (From MovieWeb. 27 March 2015, 4:43 PM, PDT)
- 9 Reasons Why the 'X-Files' Revival Matters (From Moviefone. 27 March 2015, 5:00 AM, PDT)
John Goodman (I)
- Here Are the Best Answers From Steve Buscemi’s Reddit Ama (From Vulture. 23 March 2015, 10:47 PM, PDT)
- Paramount’s Insurge Gets Absorbed; Bad Robot’s ‘The Cellar’ Moves to Big Studio (From Variety - Film News. 23 March 2015, 6:34 PM, PDT)
- The Gambler Review (From The Hollywood News. 17 March 2015, 12:38 PM, PDT)