Directed by Ben Affleck.
Based on a true story, Argo retells the events surrounding the extraction of 6 Americans after the storming of the Us Embassy in Iran.
Regardless of how you feel about its Best Picture win at the 2013 Oscars, it cannot be disputed that Argo is a very good film. Ben Affleck is proving - or has proved I should say - that he is a very accomplished director who can tell a fascinating story ripe expertly crafted. That being said I think it could have been improved if we had felt a little something more for the characters, the situation, and knowledge of it is what caused the majority of the tension, as I had no real investment in the characters themselves, only situation they were in. »
- Flickering Myth
Similar News ItemsBen Affleck
- Jose Gives Thanks. (From FilmExperience. 28 November 2014, 10:00 AM, PST)
- Watch: Vintage 25-Minute Doc 'Batman: The Making Of A Hero' About Tim Burton's Film (From The Playlist. 28 November 2014, 8:20 AM, PST)
- "Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice" - Close On The 'Bat-Suit' (From SneakPeek. 27 November 2014, 3:40 PM, PST)
- Watch: Visual Effects Reel Shows Off the Magic of the New 'Godzilla' (From FirstShowing.net. 26 November 2014, 12:20 PM, PST)
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Makes Its Case In February (From The Hollywood News. 23 November 2014, 3:15 AM, PST)
- "Better Call Saul" Updates (From SneakPeek. 20 November 2014, 7:23 PM, PST)
John Goodman (I)
- New TV spots for The Gambler (From Flickeringmyth. 27 November 2014, 4:52 AM, PST)
- Best of Late Night TV: Jennifer Aniston and Lisa Kudrow's 'Celebrity Curse Off,' Tim Allen's Turkey Scooter Race (Video) (From Moviefone. 24 November 2014, 11:15 PM, PST)
- Revenge Of The Nerds Screening at Schlafly Bottleworks December 4th (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 24 November 2014, 7:30 PM, PST)