During a panel discussion Sunday on ABC's "This Week," a former top aid for President George W. Bush said that Sarah Palin should not have been invited to the Conservative Political Action Conference (Cpac), since she wasn't even competent enough to hold down her job at Fox News.
Matthew Dowd, a chief strategist for George W. Bush's reelection, slammed Cpac (scheduled to kick off in mid-March) for inviting the one-time vice presidential candidate to the popular conference, while passing over New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R).
"Cpac, to me, has totally diminished its credibility as an organization,” Dowd said. “And you invite Sarah Palin, who wasn’t competent enough to keep a Fox News contract? But she’s invited to a Cpac meeting?”
It was announced in January that Palin and Fox News would be parting ways, following her sometimes contentious final year as a network contributor.
Cpac's move »
- The Huffington Post
Similar News ItemsSarah Palin
- TMZ Live: President Obama: Sorry Hollywood, Something Kinda Came Up (From TMZ. 23 July 2014, 9:45 AM, PDT)
- Stephen Colbert: Impeach Obama (Video) (From The Wrap. 23 July 2014, 9:23 AM, PDT)
- Sarah Palin -- Ticketed for Speeding ... 'I Wasn't Speeding, I Was Qualifying' (From TMZ. 22 July 2014, 12:18 PM, PDT)
George W. Bush
- Open Letter Accuses Upcoming 'Truth,' to Star Redford and Blanchett, of Lies (From Thompson on Hollywood. 25 July 2014, 1:46 PM, PDT)
- Hercules Is Fun. It’s Also a Hot Mess. (From Vulture. 25 July 2014, 7:45 AM, PDT)
- Should artists like Eddie Vedder and Selena Gomez speak out on war? (From Hitfix. 21 July 2014, 4:17 PM, PDT)
John McCain (I)
- Meghan McCain Not Co-hosting The Voice (From iCelebz. 24 July 2014, 11:47 PM, PDT)
- Meghan McCain: "I Am Not Joining" The View (From E! Online. 24 July 2014, 11:52 AM, PDT)
- John McCain Hits MSNBC, CNN to Speculate on Malaysia Airlines Crash (From Mediaite - TV. 17 July 2014, 11:16 AM, PDT)