During a panel discussion Sunday on ABC's "This Week," a former top aid for President George W. Bush said that Sarah Palin should not have been invited to the Conservative Political Action Conference (Cpac), since she wasn't even competent enough to hold down her job at Fox News.
Matthew Dowd, a chief strategist for George W. Bush's reelection, slammed Cpac (scheduled to kick off in mid-March) for inviting the one-time vice presidential candidate to the popular conference, while passing over New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R).
"Cpac, to me, has totally diminished its credibility as an organization,” Dowd said. “And you invite Sarah Palin, who wasn’t competent enough to keep a Fox News contract? But she’s invited to a Cpac meeting?”
It was announced in January that Palin and Fox News would be parting ways, following her sometimes contentious final year as a network contributor.
Cpac's move »
- The Huffington Post
Similar News ItemsSarah Palin
- Peabody Awards Honors TV At Its Best (From Variety - TV News. 19 May 2013, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- Julianne Moore Opens Up About Playing A Divorced Mom (From Huffington Post. 16 May 2013, 12:44 PM, PDT)
- Saabs, Croesus, and Pre-Wars: A Glossary for the New Vampire Weekend Album (From Vulture. 16 May 2013, 8:00 AM, PDT)
George W. Bush
- Watch: 'Monty Python' Star's Second Amendment Joke (From Huffington Post. 20 May 2013, 8:06 AM, PDT)
- Kanye West on ‘SNL’: Performs Tracks From New Album ‘Yeezus’ (From Variety - TV News. 19 May 2013, 8:21 AM, PDT)
- Joy Reid And Martin Bashir Force Gop Strategist To Admit Bush Appointed IRS Commissioner (From Mediaite - TV. 16 May 2013, 2:21 PM, PDT)
John McCain (I)
- Aclu Wants Cam and Mitchell To Marry, The Wanted Might Dabble, Jason Bourne Mounts Gordon Gekko (From The Backlot. 16 May 2013, 6:05 AM, PDT)
- Meghan McCain Spills on Her New Talk Show (From The Hollywood Reporter. 16 May 2013, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- The Most Unlikely Hero In The Fight Against Cable (From Huffington Post. 14 May 2013, 2:28 PM, PDT)