Ambition is the lifeblood that drives so many great filmmakers to make amazing films, and it’s often the very same motivation that causes some filmmakers to, against their best intentions, not quite hit the mark, or in the worst of times (Waterworld) produce a complete flop.
Ambition isn’t something to be sniffed at, though naturally, we’ll lavish praise on a filmmaker for pulling off the seemingly impossible and label them as pretentious if they can’t do it.
If these 10 films range in quality somewhat – though all of them have at least some intrinsic merit – they can’t be faulted for their enthusiasm to push the film medium further than it has ever gone, regardless of whether they were completely successful.
Either by upsetting the narrative form, innovating with technology, or simply boasting a stupid budget upon which to stage a grand spectacle, these films threw caution »
- Shaun Munro
Similar News ItemsJames Cameron (I)
- Stephen Lang On The Possibility Of Playing Cable In Deadpool 2 (From We Got This Covered. 31 August 2016, 5:14 PM, PDT)
- Editorial: 10 Things I Want To See In Stranger Things 2 (From LatinoReview. 31 August 2016, 12:24 PM, PDT)
- Duffer Brothers Reveal 5 ‘Stranger Things’ Season 2 Secrets (From Indiewire Television. 31 August 2016, 9:25 AM, PDT)
- "Terminator 2: Judgement Day 3D" In Your Face (From SneakPeek. 29 August 2016, 12:18 PM, PDT)
- Stephen Lang Talks Avatar 2 Delay (From MovieWeb. 28 August 2016, 4:33 PM, PDT)
- James Cameron's Alita: Battle Angel Courting Spectre Star Christoph Waltz For A Key Role (From ComicBookMovie. 24 August 2016, 9:12 PM, PDT)
- Ben-hur (1959) Screens September 7th at The Tivoli – ‘Classics in the Loop’ (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 30 August 2016, 9:02 PM, PDT)
- Great Job, Internet!: Chariots race against pods in this Ben-Hur vs. Star Wars video (From The AV Club. 23 August 2016, 10:30 AM, PDT)
- ‘Ben-Hur’: 5 Reasons the Biblical Epic is Summer’s Biggest Flop (From Variety - Film News. 21 August 2016, 12:33 PM, PDT)