Ambition is the lifeblood that drives so many great filmmakers to make amazing films, and it’s often the very same motivation that causes some filmmakers to, against their best intentions, not quite hit the mark, or in the worst of times (Waterworld) produce a complete flop.
Ambition isn’t something to be sniffed at, though naturally, we’ll lavish praise on a filmmaker for pulling off the seemingly impossible and label them as pretentious if they can’t do it.
If these 10 films range in quality somewhat – though all of them have at least some intrinsic merit – they can’t be faulted for their enthusiasm to push the film medium further than it has ever gone, regardless of whether they were completely successful.
Either by upsetting the narrative form, innovating with technology, or simply boasting a stupid budget upon which to stage a grand spectacle, these films threw caution »
- Shaun Munro
Similar News ItemsJames Cameron (I)
- Linker (From FilmExperience. 25 September 2017, 8:10 PM, PDT)
- Avatar Sequels’ Collective Budget Reportedly Over $1 Billion (From Screen Rant. 25 September 2017, 5:59 PM, PDT)
- New Terminator Film to Ignore the Events of Genisys (From Dread Central. 25 September 2017, 5:15 PM, PDT)
- Leonardo DiCaprio Joins Virtual Reality Company MindMaze as Investor and Advisor (From PEOPLE.com. 22 September 2017, 7:48 AM, PDT)
- Joanne Froggatt Has No Memory of Her Date With Ioan Gruffudd in ‘Liar’ Preview (Exclusive Video) (From The Wrap. 20 September 2017, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Kate Winslet To Be Honored With Actors Inspiration Award (From Look to the Stars. 19 September 2017, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- AFI, Kennedy Center Honors Founder George Stevens Jr. on His Youth Spent on His Father’s Film Sets (From Variety - Film News. 15 September 2017, 10:15 AM, PDT)
- ‘Five Came Back’ Helmer & Author Laurent Bouzereau Inks With Wme (From Deadline. 23 August 2017, 9:17 AM, PDT)
- Duel in the Sun (From Trailers from Hell. 15 August 2017, 12:15 PM, PDT)