Have you ever noticed that we as international consumers of pop culture are exposed to an inordinate amount of things named "Oz"? There are people named "Oz." There are television shows named "Oz." There are movies released 74 years apart named "Oz." Certainly, there is an unspoken worldwide fascination with those two letters in that specific order.
It's entirely possible, in fact, that we've reached a point where we cannot move forward as a society until we have in place an unofficial ranking of all things Oz, especially with this week's upcoming release of "Oz: The Great and Powerful." There are just too many damn Ozzes (sp).
Counting down from 10-1, here is the Oz pecking order, as it stands right now:
- Nick Blake
Similar News ItemsSean Penn (I)
- Voltage Bests Director In Battle Over Mel Gibson’s ‘The Professor & The Madman’ (From Deadline. 24 September 2017, 10:22 PM, PDT)
- Sean Penn to star in Beau Willimon’s The First (From Flickeringmyth. 23 September 2017, 9:00 PM, PDT)
- Mel Gibson’s ‘The Professor And The Madman’ Runs Nearly 3 Hours As Legal Woes Continue (From The Playlist. 22 September 2017, 8:53 AM, PDT)
"Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (1997)
- Fantastic Fest 2017 Review: Brawl In Cell Block 99 Repeatedly Punched its Way into My Action-Loving Heart (From DailyDead. 24 September 2017, 6:21 PM, PDT)
- Baby Girl on the Way for Lyndsy Fonseca and Noah Bean (From PEOPLE.com. 23 September 2017, 9:50 AM, PDT)
- Why "Hush" Will Forever Be the Creepiest Episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (From BuzzSugar. 22 September 2017, 6:10 PM, PDT)
Chris Martin (XI)
- Watch Justin Timberlake, Ariana Grande and More Join Dave Matthews Band for A Concert For Charlottesville (From E! Online. 24 September 2017, 3:22 PM, PDT)
- Louder Together: A Global Citizen Documentary; New York To Mumbai (From Look to the Stars. 22 September 2017, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- Star Sightings: Sarah Hyland and Julianne Hough Live it Up at the Emmys, Ed Sheeran Visits Hooters & More! (From Entertainment Tonight. 21 September 2017, 2:05 PM, PDT)