Peter Jackson's fantasy adventure The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey has officially hit the $1 billion dollar mark, earning over $300 million domestically and $700 million overseas. The film will have it's digital release on March 12th and on Blu-ray and DVD on March 19th.
This makes the film one of fifteen movies that have reached the milestone joining Avatar, Titanic, Marvel's The Avengers and many more. Peter Jackson's The Lord of The Rings: The Return of The King also holds the 6th spot on the list.
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey was released December 14th, 2012 and stars Ian McKellen, Martin Freeman, Richard Armitage, Ken Stott, Graham McTavish, William Kircher, James Nesbitt, Stephen Hunter. The film is directed by Peter Jackson. »
Similar News ItemsThe Avengers (2012)
- ‘While You Were Fighting: A Thor Mockumentary’: Watch Taika Waititi’s Hilarious McU Short (From Indiewire. 29 August 2016, 7:34 AM, PDT)
- Every ‘Thor’ Movie Should Be As Fun As This Mockumentary (From The Playlist. 29 August 2016, 6:46 AM, PDT)
- Hilarious ‘Captain America’ Bonus Feature Shows What Thor Was Up To During ‘Civil War’ (From ET Canada. 28 August 2016, 11:33 AM, PDT)
Peter Jackson (I)
- Nine Deleted Subplots That Would Have Changed Entire Movies (From Cinelinx. 26 August 2016, 10:28 PM, PDT)
- ‘Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk’ from Ang Lee Is a Game Changer (From Indiewire. 26 August 2016, 6:27 AM, PDT)
- Melanie Lynskey Is Always Willing to Wait for the Right Part (And It’s Paying Off) — Girl Talk (From Indiewire. 25 August 2016, 2:02 PM, PDT)
- First look at Dan Stevens as The Prince in Beauty and the Beast (From Flickeringmyth. 28 August 2016, 3:52 PM, PDT)
- From Matthew Crawley to the Beast: Producer Shares a First Look at Dan Stevens as the Prince in Beauty and the Beast (From PEOPLE.com. 28 August 2016, 12:40 PM, PDT)
- ‘Beauty and the Beast’: Here’s An Early Glimpse at the Live-Action Lumière and Cogsworth (From Indiewire. 28 August 2016, 11:57 AM, PDT)