We’ve all been expecting it to, it’s just been a matter of when. And now Peter Jackson’s The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey has finally done it. It is the fifteenth film to take more than a billion dollars around the world.
Sam Mendes’ Skyfall took a lot of us by surprise to become the first ever Bond film to break the billion-dollar barrier at the end of last year, along with becoming the highest-grossing UK film of all time.
And now Jackson’s first instalment in the upcoming The Hobbit trilogy has crossed the threshold, taking more than one billion dollars all over the world.
Jackson becomes the third director to have two films amongst the fifteen, »
- Kenji Lloyd
Similar News ItemsChristopher Nolan (I)
- Robert Rodriguez Will Direct ‘Escape From New York’ (From Indiewire. 25 March 2017, 7:35 AM, PDT)
- "The Dark Knight" Wins The Day (From SneakPeek. 25 March 2017, 7:11 AM, PDT)
- Movie Review – Power Rangers (2017) (From Flickeringmyth. 24 March 2017, 1:45 AM, PDT)
The Avengers (2012)
- Spider-Man Visits Avengers Tower in 2 New Homecoming Posters (From MovieWeb. 25 March 2017, 11:51 AM, PDT)
- Sony Developing Silver Sable and Black Cat Film With ‘Thor’ Scribe (From Variety - Film News. 22 March 2017, 3:51 PM, PDT)
- Marvel TV/movies crossover "wouldn't work", says Anthony Mackie (From Den of Geek. 21 March 2017, 12:47 AM, PDT)
The Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- Rogue One’s Jyn vs. Tie Fighter shot was only intended for the trailer (From Flickeringmyth. 26 March 2017, 11:18 AM, PDT)
- Two more alternative endings for Rogue One: A Star Wars Story revealed (From Flickeringmyth. 25 March 2017, 12:15 PM, PDT)
- Jyn Erso’s mother was a Jedi in early Rogue One: A Star Wars Story draft (From Flickeringmyth. 22 March 2017, 1:53 PM, PDT)