Back in 1986 the BBC, by way of an experiment, gave us a Doctor season based entirely around one idea – The Doctor was on trial. Unlike the previous Key To Time trilogy in which Tom Baker’s Doctor and Mary Tamm’s Romana had a set of six linked adventures which could stand alone, this was presented as a running story (the trial) with three stories dropped into it.
The whole thing was topped off by a twisty-turny ending that sort of ended happily ever after. I say sort of as this was to be, unfortunately, Colin’s last outing as the Doctor until he returned to the role in triumph under the auspices of Big Finish.
Apart then from finishing off Colin’s tenure in the role, what else should we take from The Trial? I have reviewed and considered the wider canon (if such a thing exists) and bring you the following… »
- Tony Jones
Similar News Items"Doctor Who" (1963)
- Morning Brew - Wed. June 19: Portia and Ellen sell another home, Jane Lynch judges on "MasterChef" tonight (From AfterEllen.com. 19 June 2013, 7:39 AM, PDT)
- TV on Tap: “Futurama”‘s Final Season Begins and Trevor Donovan Joins “Melissa & Joey” (From The Backlot. 19 June 2013, 4:22 AM, PDT)
- TVLine Items: Doctor Who Star Books Death-ly Role, Ray Donovan Premiere Video and More (From TVLine.com. 18 June 2013, 11:22 AM, PDT)
Tom Baker (I)
- Doctor Who: 10 Funniest Moments From Nu-Who (From Obsessed with Film. 17 June 2013, 1:04 PM, PDT)
- Nicholas and Alexandra: mashing up history can't make this pair lovable (From The Guardian - Film News. 14 June 2013, 2:04 AM, PDT)
- The Deadly Assassin: Doctor Who classic episode #8 (From The Guardian - TV News. 14 June 2013, 2:00 AM, PDT)
John Wyndham (I)
- Chatting 'The World's End' With Edgar Wright (From FEARnet. 14 June 2013, 4:00 PM, PDT)
- Clip joint: mind control (From The Guardian - Film News. 22 May 2013, 3:18 AM, PDT)
- New World's End Quad Poster Online (From EmpireOnline. 5 May 2013, 6:59 PM, PDT)