Back in 1986 the BBC, by way of an experiment, gave us a Doctor season based entirely around one idea – The Doctor was on trial. Unlike the previous Key To Time trilogy in which Tom Baker’s Doctor and Mary Tamm’s Romana had a set of six linked adventures which could stand alone, this was presented as a running story (the trial) with three stories dropped into it.
The whole thing was topped off by a twisty-turny ending that sort of ended happily ever after. I say sort of as this was to be, unfortunately, Colin’s last outing as the Doctor until he returned to the role in triumph under the auspices of Big Finish.
Apart then from finishing off Colin’s tenure in the role, what else should we take from The Trial? I have reviewed and considered the wider canon (if such a thing exists) and bring you the following… »
- Tony Jones
Similar News Items"Doctor Who" (1963)
- Doctor Who: Who are the Mondasian Cybermen? (From Monsters and Critics. 24 June 2017, 9:58 AM, PDT)
- The 10 best Doctors from Doctor Who (From Monsters and Critics. 23 June 2017, 10:07 AM, PDT)
- Doctor Who series 10 episode 11: World Enough And Time review (From Den of Geek. 23 June 2017, 2:44 AM, PDT)
Tom Baker (I)
- Doctor Who series 10: World Enough And Time geeky spots and Easter eggs (From Den of Geek. 23 June 2017, 2:00 PM, PDT)
- Why I love… Pearl Mackie (From The Guardian - TV News. 9 June 2017, 9:59 PM, PDT)
- The Doctors: The Pat Troughton Years & The Tom Baker Years coming to DVD (From Flickeringmyth. 15 May 2017, 12:00 AM, PDT)
John Wyndham (I)
- We Need To Talk About The Word “Remake” (From FilmSchoolRejects. 23 March 2017, 12:52 PM, PDT)
- Deluge (From Trailers from Hell. 21 February 2017, 1:44 PM, PST)
- Giveaway – Win a Let’s Be Evil T-shirt and poster (From Flickeringmyth. 27 October 2016, 8:25 AM, PDT)