Back in 1986 the BBC, by way of an experiment, gave us a Doctor season based entirely around one idea – The Doctor was on trial. Unlike the previous Key To Time trilogy in which Tom Baker’s Doctor and Mary Tamm’s Romana had a set of six linked adventures which could stand alone, this was presented as a running story (the trial) with three stories dropped into it.
The whole thing was topped off by a twisty-turny ending that sort of ended happily ever after. I say sort of as this was to be, unfortunately, Colin’s last outing as the Doctor until he returned to the role in triumph under the auspices of Big Finish.
Apart then from finishing off Colin’s tenure in the role, what else should we take from The Trial? I have reviewed and considered the wider canon (if such a thing exists) and bring you the following… »
- Tony Jones
Similar News Items"Doctor Who" (1963)
- Remembering Jon Pertwee on the Anniversary of his Birth with Wink Taylor (From Kasterborous. 6 July 2015, 5:13 PM, PDT)
- Terminator Genisys bombs at the Us box office (From Flickeringmyth. 6 July 2015, 2:48 AM, PDT)
- Former Doctor Who Star Edward Burnham Passes Away (From Kasterborous. 6 July 2015, 2:24 AM, PDT)
Tom Baker (I)
- The New Adventures of Bernice Summerfield Volume 2 – The Triumph of Sutekh (From Kasterborous. 3 July 2015, 11:39 AM, PDT)
- Doctor Who: River Song teaming with Paul McGann for Big Finish (From Den of Geek. 29 June 2015, 12:45 AM, PDT)
- Coming Soon from Big Finish: Wave of Destruction Starring Tom Baker (From Kasterborous. 23 June 2015, 11:24 AM, PDT)
John Wyndham (I)
- 15 underappreciated books: sci-fi, fantasy, horror fiction (From Den of Geek. 2 July 2015, 6:19 AM, PDT)
- Cuphead: E3’s most beautiful game (From Den of Geek. 23 June 2015, 7:06 AM, PDT)
- Carolco announces sci-fi action film, Bot (From Den of Geek. 16 March 2015, 9:32 AM, PDT)