New York, Mar 4: 'Jack the Giant Slayer,' based on the Jack and the Beanstalk legend, had a weak debut and made just 28 million this weekend but managed to top the box office, according to Sunday studio estimates.
The Warner Bros. 3-D action extravaganza, directed by Bryan Singer, has a reported budget of just under 200 million dollars, the New York Post reported.
Jason Bateman-Melissa McCarthy comedy 'Identity Thief' was placed at 2nd place and became the first film to cross the 100-million dollar mark this year. Now in its fourth week in theaters, the Universal movie has made 107.4 million dollars.
Among other new releases,. »
- Anita Agarwal
Similar News ItemsBryan Singer
- Contest: Win X-Men: Apocalypse Prize Pack (From We Got This Covered. 29 September 2016, 3:05 PM, PDT)
- Angelina Jolie Rents Luxury Home In Malibu From Director Bryan Singer (From ET Canada. 28 September 2016, 10:15 AM, PDT)
- George Lucas Endows Haskell Wexler Chair In Documentary At USC School Of Cinematic Arts (From Deadline. 28 September 2016, 9:58 AM, PDT)
- Film Review: ‘Masterminds’ (From Variety - Film News. 29 September 2016, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Emerald City’s Adria Arjona joins Pacific Rim 2 (From Flickeringmyth. 27 September 2016, 3:40 PM, PDT)
- Get Cast in Bet Series ‘Being Mary Jane’ and 6 More Gigs (From Backstage. 23 September 2016, 11:30 AM, PDT)
- Now Casting: Lin-Manuel Miranda’s ‘In the Heights’ and More Jobs (From Backstage. 29 September 2016, 10:17 AM, PDT)
- Slash Trailer Takes Erotic Fan Fiction to the Next Level (From MovieWeb. 29 September 2016, 9:03 AM, PDT)
- Linkscaping (From FilmExperience. 27 September 2016, 7:00 PM, PDT)