Welsh rugby player Gareth Thomas was forced to withdraw from the competition this evening after becoming unwell with severe motion sickness.
Thomas, 38, had been struggling all week with rehearsing a routine in which he would 'fly' across the rink. Footage showed him regularly vomiting and struggling to keep his composure.
After failing to perform his rehearsed routine, Thomas was told by paramedics that he would not be allowed to skate again this evening.
However, presenter Philip Schofield announced during the results show that Thomas received some of the lowest votes and therefore would have to perform again. On advice from the show's medical team, Thomas was forced to withdraw immediately from the competition.
It allowed gymnast Tweddle, EastEnders actor Lapinskas and boxer Campbell to sail through to the final without challenge. »
Similar News Items"EastEnders" (1985)
- Heroes Reborn Adds Covert Affairs’ Nazneen Contractor (From TVovermind.com. 29 May 2015, 8:27 AM, PDT)
- BBC iPlayer chief defends service after third monthly drop in a row (From Digital Spy - TV news. 29 May 2015, 4:50 AM, PDT)
- Cyclops, Jean Grey and Storm in X-Men: Apocalypse concept art (From Flickeringmyth. 29 May 2015, 4:45 AM, PDT)
"Dancing on Ice" (2006/I)
- 12 forgotten hosts of the biggest TV shows from Brian Dunkleman to Daisy Donovan (From Digital Spy - TV news. 12 May 2015, 9:01 AM, PDT)
- Do you feel the power of the Gladiators? 10 stars of the hit '90s show then and now (From Digital Spy - TV news. 30 April 2015, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Britain's Got Talent 2015: Twitter reacts to the first episode (From Digital Spy - TV news. 11 April 2015, 1:59 PM, PDT)
- Here's how Britain's Got Talent fans reacted to the third semi-final results (From Digital Spy - TV news. 27 May 2015, 2:36 PM, PDT)
- Britain's Got Talent: It's time for the third semi-final - as it happened (From Digital Spy - TV news. 27 May 2015, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- Stephen Mulhern: 'Amanda Holden argument reports on Britain's Got Talent are nonsense' (From Digital Spy - TV news. 27 May 2015, 7:33 AM, PDT)