Welsh rugby player Gareth Thomas was forced to withdraw from the competition this evening after becoming unwell with severe motion sickness.
Thomas, 38, had been struggling all week with rehearsing a routine in which he would 'fly' across the rink. Footage showed him regularly vomiting and struggling to keep his composure.
After failing to perform his rehearsed routine, Thomas was told by paramedics that he would not be allowed to skate again this evening.
However, presenter Philip Schofield announced during the results show that Thomas received some of the lowest votes and therefore would have to perform again. On advice from the show's medical team, Thomas was forced to withdraw immediately from the competition.
It allowed gymnast Tweddle, EastEnders actor Lapinskas and boxer Campbell to sail through to the final without challenge. »
Similar News Items"EastEnders" (1985)
- Harry Reid: First week at EastEnders one of scariest in life (From Virgin Media - TV. 16 September 2014, 9:15 AM, PDT)
- Shane Richie: Viewers will see different side to Kat Moon (From Virgin Media - TV. 16 September 2014, 9:15 AM, PDT)
- Louis Smith splits from Pascal Craymer (From Virgin Media - TV. 15 September 2014, 2:15 AM, PDT)
"Dancing on Ice" (2006/I)
- Chloe Madeley helps launch #NoFearGoSmear campaign on This Morning (From Digital Spy - TV news. 2 September 2014, 9:21 AM, PDT)
- Match of the Day is 50: League table of the show's icons from Motty to Des (From Digital Spy - TV news. 22 August 2014, 1:00 AM, PDT)
- Celebrity Big Brother: Meet the housemates - Do you know these stars? (From Digital Spy - TV news. 18 August 2014, 2:30 PM, PDT)
- Christine Bleakley 'nervous' to return to This Morning (From Virgin Media - TV. 4 September 2014, 9:15 AM, PDT)
- Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby return to This Morning for new series (From Digital Spy - TV news. 31 August 2014, 3:11 AM, PDT)
- Philip Schofield to host ITV hypnotism game show You're Back in the Room (From Digital Spy - TV news. 21 August 2014, 5:59 AM, PDT)