Welsh rugby player Gareth Thomas was forced to withdraw from the competition this evening after becoming unwell with severe motion sickness.
Thomas, 38, had been struggling all week with rehearsing a routine in which he would 'fly' across the rink. Footage showed him regularly vomiting and struggling to keep his composure.
After failing to perform his rehearsed routine, Thomas was told by paramedics that he would not be allowed to skate again this evening.
However, presenter Philip Schofield announced during the results show that Thomas received some of the lowest votes and therefore would have to perform again. On advice from the show's medical team, Thomas was forced to withdraw immediately from the competition.
It allowed gymnast Tweddle, EastEnders actor Lapinskas and boxer Campbell to sail through to the final without challenge. »
Similar News Items"EastEnders" (1985)
- Kara Tointon 'empowered' by sister (From Virgin Media - TV. 26 January 2015, 1:15 AM, PST)
- Mr Selfridge: Kara Tointon, Leon Ockenden on joining up for series 3 (From Digital Spy - TV news. 24 January 2015, 1:00 AM, PST)
- Bill Bailey, Abbey Clancy and Tinie Tempah for BBC iPlayer exclusives (From Digital Spy - TV news. 23 January 2015, 5:44 AM, PST)
"Dancing on Ice" (2006/I)
- Get Your Act Together vs Stars in Their Eyes: Which is better? (From Digital Spy - TV news. 19 January 2015, 3:18 AM, PST)
- Get Your Act Together Stephen Mulhern: 'One star just lost his nerve' (From Digital Spy - TV news. 18 January 2015, 1:00 AM, PST)
- Louie Spence strips off as The Jump training continues in Austria (From Digital Spy - TV news. 6 January 2015, 11:11 AM, PST)
- David Walliams on Comic Relief trip: 'It affects me more now I'm a parent' (From Digital Spy - TV news. 26 January 2015, 7:58 AM, PST)
- Rochelle Humes: 'I'll get a vagina facial if Ruth Langsford does' (From Digital Spy - TV news. 22 January 2015, 3:14 AM, PST)
- National Television Awards 2015: As it happened (From Digital Spy - TV news. 21 January 2015, 11:21 AM, PST)