Welsh rugby player Gareth Thomas was forced to withdraw from the competition this evening after becoming unwell with severe motion sickness.
Thomas, 38, had been struggling all week with rehearsing a routine in which he would 'fly' across the rink. Footage showed him regularly vomiting and struggling to keep his composure.
After failing to perform his rehearsed routine, Thomas was told by paramedics that he would not be allowed to skate again this evening.
However, presenter Philip Schofield announced during the results show that Thomas received some of the lowest votes and therefore would have to perform again. On advice from the show's medical team, Thomas was forced to withdraw immediately from the competition.
It allowed gymnast Tweddle, EastEnders actor Lapinskas and boxer Campbell to sail through to the final without challenge. »
Similar News Items"EastEnders" (1985)
- Cheryl Cole films Coronation Street sketch for Text Santa (From Digital Spy - TV news. 4 December 2013, 4:01 PM, PST)
- Shane Richie predicts Alfie and Mick friendship (From Virgin Media - TV. 4 December 2013, 8:15 AM, PST)
- Christmas 2013 TV lineups: BBC, ITV, Sky, Channel 4 - Quick Guide (From Digital Spy - TV news. 4 December 2013, 2:30 AM, PST)
"Dancing on Ice" (2006/I)
- Hump Day With Adam Lambert: Forever In Blue Jeans (From The Backlot. 4 December 2013, 6:28 AM, PST)
- Getting the splash back on TV: how to give swimming a small-screen revival (From The Guardian - TV News. 3 December 2013, 4:45 AM, PST)
- 'Rising Star': What you need to know about the new 'X Factor', 'Voice' (From Digital Spy - TV news. 29 November 2013, 9:11 AM, PST)
- I'm a Celeb Rebecca Adlington: Is it fair she joined the jungle? - vote (From Digital Spy - TV news. 28 November 2013, 10:24 AM, PST)
- Rebecca Adlington shouldn't be on I'm a Celebrity, says Phillip Schofield (From Digital Spy - TV news. 27 November 2013, 6:28 AM, PST)
- Knit wits taking over – with jumpers all set to trump the onesie this Christmas (From The Guardian - TV News. 22 November 2013, 4:08 PM, PST)