You did good, Bilbo.
It’s official. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey has passed the $1 billion mark worldwide, and it has its recent opening in China to thank. The film grossed $37.3 million in China since it opened 10 days ago, becoming only the 15th film to cross this benchmark worldwide. The top three are Avatar, Titanic, and The Avengers. Skyfall is currently in the number seven position with $1.1 billion worldwide.
In a statement announcing the news on Sunday, Veronika Kwan Vandenberg, President of International Distribution for Warner Bros. said “From Berlin to Beijing, it is so gratifying to see how the »
- Lindsey Bahr
Similar News ItemsPeter Jackson (I)
- How the film industry blew it with 3D (From Den of Geek. 23 June 2016, 1:22 PM, PDT)
- ‘Root of Evil’ Evokes Early Raimi [Short] (From Bloody-Disgusting.com. 23 June 2016, 6:13 AM, PDT)
- Taika Waititi Explains Why 'Hunt for the Wilderpeople' Is Like a Kid's Fantasy Movie (From Movies.com. 22 June 2016, 7:30 PM, PDT)
The Lord of the Rings (1978)
- Warcraft: Not Quite the Video Game Movie We Deserve (From TVovermind.com. 24 June 2016, 3:19 AM, PDT)
- Annabelle 2 gets a new cast member in Miranda Otto (From Flickeringmyth. 23 June 2016, 11:30 AM, PDT)
- Otto, Sigman Join The "Annabelle" Sequel (From Dark Horizons. 23 June 2016, 8:03 AM, PDT)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012)
- Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Deleted Scene Gets Awkward with Tina Fey | Exclusive (From MovieWeb. 17 June 2016, 2:18 PM, PDT)
- MGM Revenue Drops 15% in Q1 as ‘Spectre’ Fades (From Variety - Film News. 11 May 2016, 12:46 PM, PDT)
- Ang Lee Reveals Secrets of ‘Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk’ (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 15 April 2016, 10:00 AM, PDT)