Three new movies opened this weekend, but Jack the Giant Slayer was the only one to cross the $10 million mark. Produced on an estimated budget of $195 million, Jack the Giant Slayer earned $28 million this weekend and took first place. Identity Thief continues to impress, taking second place and crossing the $100 million mark.
Because of its small production budget, The Last Exorcism Part II’s opening take wasn’t a failure, but it certainly did not come anywhere close to the first movie’s $20 million opening weekend. Dark Skies managed to stay in the top 10 this weekend, earning a total of $13.4 million since opening.
Next week sees the release of Oz The Great and Powerful and Dead Man Down, along with a limited theatrical release for The ABCs of Death. Sam Raimi’s Oz should easily take the top spot, and early buzz makes it seem like Raimi has another hit on his hands. »
- Jonathan James
Similar News ItemsSam Raimi
- ‘Bloody Muscle Body Builder in Hell’ Review (From Blogomatic3000. 26 April 2017, 6:01 AM, PDT)
- Blu-ray Review – Phantasm 1-5 Limited Edition Collection (From Flickeringmyth. 24 April 2017, 1:40 AM, PDT)
- The Wall-Crawler Is In Unfamiliar Surroundings In New Spider-Man: Homecoming Photo (From We Got This Covered. 21 April 2017, 4:43 PM, PDT)
Silver Linings Playbook (2012)
- Anupam Kher announces his next international film (From BollywoodHungama. 28 April 2017, 6:32 AM, PDT)
- A Star Is Born First Look At Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 19 April 2017, 6:16 AM, PDT)
- 19 Interesting Facts About the Movie Casino (From TVovermind.com. 18 April 2017, 4:30 AM, PDT)
Oz the Great and Powerful (2013)
- The Last Jedi’s Rian Johnson Not Involved In The Script For Star Wars: Episode IX (From We Got This Covered. 27 April 2017, 6:42 AM, PDT)
- The Lego Batman Movie Blu-ray details announced (From Flickeringmyth. 12 April 2017, 1:30 AM, PDT)
- Evidence Continues To Mount That Disney Is Plotting An Obi-Wan Star Wars Spinoff (From We Got This Covered. 30 March 2017, 2:34 PM, PDT)