Kurt Sutter, creator, executive producer and showrunner of the FX 'biker' dramatic TV series "Sons Of Anarchy", focusing on an outlaw motorcycle club of killers and gun-runners, recently talked about securing audience ratings with 'violence' including his own show and AMC's 'gore-fest' "The Walking Dead" :
"As the viewing audiences get more specific and more demanding in terms of how much there is to watch and when they're gonna watch it, there seems to be that need for some kind of big hook," said Sutter.
"Having a great script or having great characters sometimes just doesn't cut through. There's a network buzzword for it : they like things to be 'noisy', meaning that it has something that can cut through everything else that’s similar to it.
"There needs to be something, whether it's life or death – something with high stakes. Something that can distinguish it from other things on the air. »
- Michael Stevens
Similar News Items"The Walking Dead" (2010)
- Round-Up: The Walking Dead Vinyl Soundtrack, CONtv’s Creep Con, In The Dark Release Details (From DailyDead. 4 October 2015, 8:09 AM, PDT)
- Miley Cyrus on 'SNL': 3 Sketches You Have to See (From Rolling Stone. 4 October 2015, 7:08 AM, PDT)
- 'Transformers 6', 7 and 8 Confirmed by Hasbro (From MovieWeb. 3 October 2015, 4:42 PM, PDT)
- Jake Gyllenhaal Gets Awards Push With 'Southpaw' Re-Release (From Indiewire. 2 October 2015, 6:44 AM, PDT)
- The Bastard Executioner: Season One Ratings (From TVSeriesFinale. 1 October 2015, 8:10 PM, PDT)
- TWC to re-release 'Southpaw' (From ScreenDaily. 1 October 2015, 5:04 PM, PDT)
- SAG Awards 2015 – Full Winner’s List (From The Hollywood News. 26 January 2015, 6:30 AM, PST)
- Banshee season 3 episode 3 review: A Fixer Of Sorts (From Den of Geek. 26 January 2015, 1:17 AM, PST)
- 2015 Screen Actors Guild Award Winners: 'Birdman' Wins Best Ensemble, but is It the Oscar Frontrunnerc (From Rope Of Silicon. 25 January 2015, 6:20 PM, PST)