Kurt Sutter, creator, executive producer and showrunner of the FX 'biker' dramatic TV series "Sons Of Anarchy", focusing on an outlaw motorcycle club of killers and gun-runners, recently talked about securing audience ratings with 'violence' including his own show and AMC's 'gore-fest' "The Walking Dead" :
"As the viewing audiences get more specific and more demanding in terms of how much there is to watch and when they're gonna watch it, there seems to be that need for some kind of big hook," said Sutter.
"Having a great script or having great characters sometimes just doesn't cut through. There's a network buzzword for it : they like things to be 'noisy', meaning that it has something that can cut through everything else that’s similar to it.
"There needs to be something, whether it's life or death – something with high stakes. Something that can distinguish it from other things on the air. »
- Michael Stevens
Similar News Items"The Walking Dead" (2010)
- Joshua Jackson Spotted with Mystery Brunette One Year After Splitting from Diane Kruger (From PEOPLE.com. 23 August 2017, 2:56 PM, PDT)
- Netflix Announces Streaming Release Date for The Walking Dead Season 7 (From DailyDead. 23 August 2017, 1:25 PM, PDT)
- Game of Thrones Season 7 Episode 6 Review (From The Cultural Post. 23 August 2017, 12:16 PM, PDT)
- Preview of Kurt Sutter’s Sisters of Sorrow #2 (From Flickeringmyth. 19 August 2017, 8:00 PM, PDT)
- 38 Sexy Reasons We Miss Charlie Hunnam on Sons of Anarchy (From BuzzSugar. 15 August 2017, 3:30 AM, PDT)
- What Exactly is Going on with “Mayans Mc?” Lately? (From TVovermind.com. 12 August 2017, 7:00 PM, PDT)
- TV Review: ‘The Americans,’ Season 3 (From Variety - TV News. 26 January 2015, 7:30 AM, PST)
- SAG Awards 2015 – Full Winner’s List (From The Hollywood News. 26 January 2015, 6:30 AM, PST)
- Banshee season 3 episode 3 review: A Fixer Of Sorts (From Den of Geek. 26 January 2015, 1:17 AM, PST)