Maybe Jay Leno isn't the Freddy Krueger of late night after all. If The Hollywood Reporter's sources are correct, his reign of 11:35 pm terror may finally be coming to a close... for good... for real this time.
THR is reporting that, according to "two high-level industry sources", NBC will announce in May that Jimmy Fallon is replacing Leno in 2014. While the network still denies the rumor -- the possible change was first reported last December -- the sources explained the rationale is in part the result of stiffer competition for a younger audience.
Sources believe the network will bring in Fallon partly out of concern about the competition on ABC, which moved younger-skewing Jimmy Kimmel to the 11:35 time slot in January.... Leno's 'Tonight' still performs well for NBC, regularly besting his late-night rivals. But Kimmel is competitive in the 18-49 demo.
With NBC falling to an unprecedented fifth place, »
- Carol Hartsell
Similar News ItemsMatt Damon
- Jimmy Kimmel Premieres ‘Channing All Over My Tatum’ Music Video (From Variety - Film News. 18 June 2013, 6:50 PM, PDT)
- Neill Blomkamp Hopes Product Placement Will Enhance Elysium (From We Got This Covered. 18 June 2013, 4:02 PM, PDT)
- James Franco Needs Your Help For His Next Project (From MTV Movies Blog. 18 June 2013, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- Ben Affleck does not wish to have any more kids (From RealBollywood. 18 June 2013, 5:31 AM, PDT)
- Emmys: Will “Arch Rival” Matt Damon Be Jimmy Kimmel’s Ticket To Finally Winning That Statuette? (From Deadline TV. 17 June 2013, 1:43 PM, PDT)
- 2014 Oscar Predictions: Best Supporting Actor Update (From Rope Of Silicon. 17 June 2013, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- Sr Geek Picks: Superman Saving Lois, Movie Fight Scene Supercut, Fallen Princesses & More (From Screen Rant. 18 June 2013, 12:37 PM, PDT)
- Howard Stern: Ahmadinejad Should Take Over 'The Tonight Show' (From Huffington Post. 18 June 2013, 11:33 AM, PDT)
- Watch: The Dumbest Video Games Ever (From Huffington Post. 18 June 2013, 10:14 AM, PDT)