Ozzy Osbourne may have originated the song “Hellraiser” on his 1991 No More Tears album, but it is probably more well known for Motorhead’s Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth cover version and subsequent music video in which Lemmy challenges Pinhead to a card game for his mortal soul.
Actually, the Motorhead “Hellraiser” is probably only slightly more well known because Ozzy never released his original version as a single; whereas Motorhead’s version was released as promotion for both their latest album at the time and the third Hellraiser flick. Hey, you never saw Ozzy Osbourne on “The Tonight Show” performing “Hellraiser” as Jay Leno provided ear plugs to the studio audience and guest Edie McClurg sat mortified on the couch.
Similar News ItemsJay Leno
- Jimmy Fallon and His Wax Figures Sing Beach Boys Classic ‘Barbara Ann’ (Video) (From The Wrap. 27 March 2015, 6:40 AM, PDT)
- Mariah Carey Joins James Corden for Carpool Karaoke — Watch Video (From TVLine.com. 26 March 2015, 9:18 AM, PDT)
- Kevin Hart, Will Ferrell, Leno, Streep, Handler More on Late Late with James Corden Videos (From Monsters and Critics. 26 March 2015, 6:41 AM, PDT)
"The Tonight Show" (1962)
- A Visit to William Wegman’s Studio — and a Reunion With a Beloved Relic From His Past (From Vulture. 12 December 2014, 11:09 AM, PST)
- Tom Hiddleston Will Battle It Out With King Kong (From BuzzSugar. 16 September 2014, 1:21 PM, PDT)
- Interview: Dick Cavett at Chicago Museum of Broadcast Communications (From HollywoodChicago.com. 25 June 2014, 1:24 AM, PDT)
- Henry Rollins explains why 'He Never Died,' and those Charles Manson tapes (From Hitfix. 27 March 2015, 9:12 AM, PDT)
- Gene Simmons, WWE Studios to Produce 'Elevated' Horror Movies (From Rolling Stone. 27 March 2015, 5:16 AM, PDT)
- Iconic 'Decline of Western Civilization' Films Finally Get Official Release (From Rolling Stone. 24 March 2015, 5:49 AM, PDT)