Washington, Mar 2: President Barack Obama mixed Star Wars and Star Trek metaphors as he explained why he could not force the Republicans and Democrats to a deal to replace the forced spending cuts that kicked in Friday.
"I am not a dictator. I'm the president," he told a reporter at the White House Friday who had asked "couldn't you just have them down here and refuse to let them leave the room until you have a deal?"
Nor did he have the power "somehow. »
- Machan Kumar
Similar News ItemsBarack Obama
- Oprah Winfrey Network Sues Alleged Imposter for Pretending to Be Media Mogul's Nephew (From E! Online. 17 April 2015, 7:00 PM, PDT)
- Jon Stewart Takes ‘Balloon’ Dick Cheney on Journey Back Through Iraq History (Video) (From The Wrap. 17 April 2015, 6:44 AM, PDT)
- WikiLeaks publishes 200,000 Sony hacking files (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 16 April 2015, 1:50 PM, PDT)
Star Wars (1977)
- Watch Interviews With J.J. Abrams And More From Star Wars Celebration (From The Hollywood News. 18 April 2015, 1:34 AM, PDT)
- Best of the Week: 'Ant-Man,' 'Terminator,' 'Star Wars' Trailers; New 'Wonder Woman' Director and More (From Movies.com. 17 April 2015, 11:00 PM, PDT)
- Star Wars Battlefront: Fight the Battle of Jakku for Free In December (From Cinelinx. 17 April 2015, 10:42 PM, PDT)
Star Trek (2009)
- Round-Up: Star Wars Battlefront Trailer, Wizard World Minneapolis Variant Cover for The Walking Dead #1, Archie vs. Sharknado (From DailyDead. 17 April 2015, 12:16 PM, PDT)
- Beijing: Darren Aronofsky, Tsui Hark discuss co-pros (From ScreenDaily. 17 April 2015, 8:05 AM, PDT)
- Why the Star Wars: VII trailer fills me with sadness, contempt and excitement in equal measure (From Shadowlocked. 17 April 2015, 5:41 AM, PDT)