Washington, Mar 2: President Barack Obama mixed Star Wars and Star Trek metaphors as he explained why he could not force the Republicans and Democrats to a deal to replace the forced spending cuts that kicked in Friday.
"I am not a dictator. I'm the president," he told a reporter at the White House Friday who had asked "couldn't you just have them down here and refuse to let them leave the room until you have a deal?"
Nor did he have the power "somehow. »
- Machan Kumar
Similar News ItemsBarack Obama
- Terrence Howard Walks Jimmy Fallon Through His Super-Awkward Oscars Moment (Video) (From The Wrap. 3 March 2015, 8:17 AM, PST)
- Jeff Zeleny Leaves ABC For CNN (From Variety - TV News. 3 March 2015, 7:03 AM, PST)
- Kanye West Delivers Oxford Lecture: 'One of My Biggest Achilles' Heels Has Been My Ego' (From PEOPLE.com. 3 March 2015, 5:25 AM, PST)
Star Wars (1977)
- How ‘Star Wars Rebels’ Changed ‘Star Wars’ History (From Slash Film. 3 March 2015, 8:00 AM, PST)
- Spider-Man: 5 Reasons Drew Goddard Is Perfect (And 5 He’s Not) (From Obsessed with Film. 3 March 2015, 4:22 AM, PST)
- Ronda Rousey And Iko Uwais To Star In Action Film, Mile 22 (From Obsessed with Film. 3 March 2015, 12:43 AM, PST)
Star Trek (2009)
- Westboro Baptist Church protest at Leonard Nimoy funeral thwarted (From The Guardian - TV News. 3 March 2015, 12:34 AM, PST)
- Today in Movie Culture: Tributes to Leonard Nimoy (From Movies.com. 2 March 2015, 10:00 PM, PST)
- Preview of Star Trek/Planet of the Apes #3 (From Flickeringmyth. 2 March 2015, 7:30 PM, PST)