Washington, Mar 2: President Barack Obama mixed Star Wars and Star Trek metaphors as he explained why he could not force the Republicans and Democrats to a deal to replace the forced spending cuts that kicked in Friday.
"I am not a dictator. I'm the president," he told a reporter at the White House Friday who had asked "couldn't you just have them down here and refuse to let them leave the room until you have a deal?"
Nor did he have the power "somehow. »
- Machan Kumar
Similar News ItemsBarack Obama (I)
- Foo Fighters tease new music in 'Sonic Highways' trailer for HBO (From Hitfix. 22 August 2014, 5:53 AM, PDT)
- James Foley's Parents: His Bravery Was an Answer to Our Prayers (From PEOPLE.com. 22 August 2014, 4:50 AM, PDT)
- Anderson Cooper is now a comic-book character, won't quit his day job (From EW.com - PopWatch. 21 August 2014, 11:29 AM, PDT)
Star Wars (1977)
- Page 2: Walking Dead, Tmnt, Jurassic World, Voltron, Star Wars, Scorsese, Akira, Miyazaki, Toy Story (From Slash Film. 22 August 2014, 1:10 PM, PDT)
- New "Star Wars" To Redefine Storytelling? (From Dark Horizons. 22 August 2014, 12:22 PM, PDT)
- Star Wars Bits: Are All of the Episode 7 Rumors Fake? Plus Gareth Edwards, Harrison Ford, and Asajj Ventress (From Slash Film. 22 August 2014, 12:15 PM, PDT)
Star Trek (2009)
- Star Trek - Fun With Kirk and Spock Parody Book Illustrations (From GeekTyrant. 22 August 2014, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- What Do I Need to Know About Doctor Who If I’ve Never Watched Before and Want to Start? (From Vulture. 22 August 2014, 12:00 PM, PDT)
- Movies This Week: August 22-28, 2014 (From Slackerwood. 22 August 2014, 12:00 PM, PDT)