Washington, Mar 2: President Barack Obama mixed Star Wars and Star Trek metaphors as he explained why he could not force the Republicans and Democrats to a deal to replace the forced spending cuts that kicked in Friday.
"I am not a dictator. I'm the president," he told a reporter at the White House Friday who had asked "couldn't you just have them down here and refuse to let them leave the room until you have a deal?"
Nor did he have the power "somehow. »
- Machan Kumar
Similar News ItemsBarack Obama
- Jon Voight Lashes Out Against Obama In Lengthy Televised Statement (From The Hollywood Reporter. 13 July 2014, 11:36 AM, PDT)
- Meme: “Dating Naked” Brings Pixelated Humiliation, Dana Carvey Reprises “The Lady I Know,” Peter Labarbera Says Gay Men Like Cheap Orgasms (From The Backlot. 12 July 2014, 8:47 PM, PDT)
- Texas Democrat on CNN: White House Not Happy I Criticized Obama (From Mediaite - TV. 12 July 2014, 2:26 PM, PDT)
Star Wars (1977)
- PopWatch Planner: 'Housewives,' 'Hotwives,' Jack Bauer, and more (From EW.com - PopWatch. 13 July 2014, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Sunday Quiz: Do You Know Your 90s Cartoons? (From Flickeringmyth. 13 July 2014, 3:24 AM, PDT)
- Top 5: Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes, Guardians Of The Galaxy Set Visit, Gone Girl Trailer, Boyhood, Exodus: Gods And Kings Trailer (From Collider.com. 12 July 2014, 2:33 PM, PDT)
Star Trek (2009)
- Could Replacements Actors Keep the Avengers Franchise Going After the Original Cast Leaves? (From Cinelinx. 12 July 2014, 11:38 PM, PDT)
- Zachary Quinto Talks 'Star Trek 3', Expects Original 5-Year Mission Will Play a Role (From Rope Of Silicon. 12 July 2014, 7:36 PM, PDT)
- #SDCC14: On Day 3 (July 26) Vamp Out with True Blood, The Vampire Diaries, Salem, Ahs: Coven, Constantine, Grimm, Sin City, Lovecraft, Twin Peaks, and More! (From Dread Central. 12 July 2014, 5:59 PM, PDT)