While Iron Man 3 represents the first chapter in Phase Two of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, picking up from where last summer’s The Avengers left off, it also marks the last film on Robert Downey Jr.’s contract with the studio. It may be a while before Disney and Rdj announce a deal but you can rest assured, one is coming.
Tony Stark is integral to the future of the franchise and Disney knows full well that Robert Downey Jr. is to Tony Stark and The Avengers what Johnny Depp is to Jack Sparrow and Pirates of the Caribbean. He’s quite literally the face of the franchise, and responsible for helping launch it with the original Iron Man in 2008.
- Rob Keyes
Similar News ItemsJohnny Depp
- Box Office: ‘Pirates’ On Course for $275 Million Global Launch (From Variety - Film News. 27 May 2017, 2:43 PM, PDT)
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean': The Diminishing Returns of Johnny Depp (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 27 May 2017, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- Friday Box Office: ‘Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales’ Takes the Lead (From Collider.com. 27 May 2017, 9:00 AM, PDT)
Robert Downey Jr.
- Michael Keaton’s Vulture featured in first clip from Spider-Man: Homecoming (From Flickeringmyth. 26 May 2017, 2:50 PM, PDT)
- Spidey tests out his new suit in Spider-Man: Homecoming extended TV spot (From Flickeringmyth. 26 May 2017, 12:40 AM, PDT)
- Spider-Man: Homecoming UK release moved up two days (From Flickeringmyth. 25 May 2017, 8:26 AM, PDT)
Iron Man (2008)
- Stan Lee's Cameo in Guardians of the Galaxy Ride Unveiled (From MovieWeb. 27 May 2017, 2:28 PM, PDT)
- Kevin Feige Talks McU 10th Year and Regaining Rights To All Marvel Characters (From Cinelinx. 26 May 2017, 4:15 PM, PDT)
- Vulture Goes Ballistic in New Spider-Man: Homecoming Preview (From MovieWeb. 26 May 2017, 3:02 PM, PDT)