Friday afternoon will go down in history as when the internet realized the president thinks "Star Trek" and "Star Wars" are the same thing. While that's likely not the case, it's going to be hard for the president to live this one down.
During a speech to congressional leaders, President Barack Obama talked about using a "Jedi mind meld" on fellow politicians to try to reach an agreement on the nation's economic troubles, ABC News reports. The White House quickly jumped on board, posting a Tweet having fun with the situation. Hey, if the economic crisis is anything, it's funny. Unfortunately, they stuck with Obama's crossing of sci fi franchise wires.
Their tweet read "We must bring balance to the Force," and was hash tagged "Jedi Mind Meld." The issue with the tweet, and the president's speech, is Jedi's don't have a mind meld. They use the Force, sure, but »
Similar News ItemsStar Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977)
- Why The Star Wars Spinoffs Should Stop Retreading The Original Characters (From Cinema Blend. 23 August 2017, 8:02 PM, PDT)
- Geek Buzz: 'Iron Man' Trio Reunite for 'Avengers,' 'The Batman' Will Stand Apart from the Dceu (From Movies.com. 23 August 2017, 8:00 PM, PDT)
- New Star Wars 8 At-at Walker and Star Destroyer Officially Revealed (From MovieWeb. 23 August 2017, 7:30 PM, PDT)
- ‘Mr. Robot’ Releases Recap Ahead of Season 3 Premiere (Watch) (From Variety - TV News. 23 August 2017, 3:15 PM, PDT)
- ‘Predisent Trump:’ All the Times Spell Check Failed the White House (From PEOPLE.com. 23 August 2017, 2:43 PM, PDT)
- Malia Obama Joins List of Famous Harvard Students (From E! Online. 23 August 2017, 12:02 PM, PDT)
Star Trek (2009)
- TV News Roundup: Gordon Ramsay to Produce Cocaine Docuseries for ITV (From Variety - TV News. 23 August 2017, 6:45 PM, PDT)
- Wonder Woman becomes highest-grossing superhero origin film domestically (From Flickeringmyth. 23 August 2017, 12:53 PM, PDT)
- Star Trek Loot Crate Announced, Now Available for Pre-Order (From Comingsoon.net. 23 August 2017, 9:29 AM, PDT)