Warner Bros. and Alcon Entertainment have set an April 25, 2014 release date for Transcendence. As of now, that is the only movie slated for release on that date, but Sony is debuting The Amazing Spider-Man 2 a week later on May 2.
It's been a big week for this sci-fi project, with confirmations of Johnny Depp and Paul Bettany joining the cast. The story centers on Will (Johnny Depp), a scientist who tries to create artificial intelligence by uploading his brain into a supercomputer. No details have been released with regards to Paul Bettany's character.
Wally Pfister, who served as director of photography on movies such as The Dark Knight Rises and Moneyball, is making his directorial debut, working from a screenplay by newcomer Jack Paglen. Marisa Polvino and Kate Cohen are producing for Straight Up Films, along with Alcon Entertainment's Broderick Johnson and Andrew A. Kosove.
Similar News ItemsChristopher Nolan (I)
- Rumoured Plot Details For Warner Bros ‘Justice League’ (From The Hollywood News. 6 December 2013, 5:32 PM, PST)
- Christian Bale gets 'Good Morning America' flashback in 26-year-old clip (From Pop2it. 6 December 2013, 1:00 PM, PST)
- Ben Affleck’s Whitey Bulger Film Gets Rewrite, Casey Affleck Says Wife-Swap Tale ‘The Trade’ Will Be Like 'Slap Shot' (From The Playlist. 6 December 2013, 7:41 AM, PST)
- TheWrap Screening Series: ‘The Book Thief’ Star Geoffrey Rush Heaps Praise on Co-Star Sophie Nelisse (From The Wrap. 6 December 2013, 9:11 PM, PST)
- Smug shots and selfies: the rise of internet self-obsession (From The Guardian - Film News. 6 December 2013, 4:08 PM, PST)
- The Hungover Games Trailer! (From MovieWeb. 5 December 2013, 4:37 PM, PST)
The Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- Emilia Clarke and Brie Larsen front runners for Sarah Connor in Terminator reboot (From Flickeringmyth. 6 December 2013, 5:09 AM, PST)
- Ben Foster, Travis Fimmel, Toby Kebbell & More Sign On for Duncan Jones’ Warcraft (From HeyUGuys. 5 December 2013, 4:00 AM, PST)
- Legendary Pictures Announces Warcraft Cast (From Cinelinx. 4 December 2013, 3:05 PM, PST)