Actress Leven Rambin had a rather huge year in 2012, with two major releases that hit theaters. She portrayed the District 1 tribute Glimmer in the spring blockbuster The Hunger Games, and starred as Kim, the love interest of Jonny Weston's Jay Moriarty in Chasing Mavericks, which is currently available on Blu-ray and DVD. I recently had a chance to speak with the talented actress over the phone about stepping into the world of surfing for Chasing Mavericks. Here's what she had to say.
I read that you weren't an avid surfer before taking on the role. What can you say about this surfing boot camp you had to go through before production?
Leven Rambin: Yeah. I had never really surfed before, and I didn't know anything about Santa Cruz. I went to surf boot camp, »
Similar News ItemsThe Hunger Games (2012)
- First poster for Independence Day: Resurgence (From Flickeringmyth. 8 February 2016, 6:49 AM, PST)
- Super Bowl TV spot for Independence Day: Resurgence (From Flickeringmyth. 8 February 2016, 1:35 AM, PST)
- 12 Things You Never Knew about Philip Seymour Hoffman (From TVovermind.com. 7 February 2016, 6:00 PM, PST)
- Ranking the Super Bowl 50 Movie Trailers (From Rolling Stone. 8 February 2016, 8:50 AM, PST)
- See the Full Super Bowl Spot for Alex Proyas' 'Gods of Egypt' Movie (From FirstShowing.net. 7 February 2016, 11:53 AM, PST)
- Watch the Super Bowl TV spot for Gods of Egypt (From Flickeringmyth. 7 February 2016, 3:40 AM, PST)
- Trailer for Get a Job starring Miles Teller, Anna Kendrick and Bryan Cranston (From Flickeringmyth. 6 February 2016, 5:00 PM, PST)
- Miles Teller & Anna Kendrick in Official Trailer for Comedy 'Get a Job' (From FirstShowing.net. 5 February 2016, 5:20 PM, PST)
- Carey Hart, Miles Teller, Tony Hawk and More Mourn Death of BMX Legend Dave Mirra (From PEOPLE.com. 4 February 2016, 10:00 PM, PST)