Us pension funds and UK fund manager raise concerns over rising rewards and concentration of power in hands of Bob Iger
A revolution is brewing in the tree-lined streets of Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom, as shareholders prepare to fight the creeping power and rising rewards of the chairman and chief executive, Bob Iger.
The second largest pension fund in the Us, the Californian teachers fund CalSTRS, which owns more than 5m Disney shares, or 0.3% of the company, said it would vote against Iger's re-election as chairman and Disney's executive pay packages at the company's annual meeting on Wednesday.
Iger took home more than $40.2m (£27m) in the year to September 2012, including a cash bonus of $16.5m.
CalSTRS has had support from the Californian public sector workers pension fund CalPERS, which owns another 0.3% of Disney, for its proposal to strip Iger of one of his roles.
In 2004 when Michael Eisner was in charge, »
- Josephine Moulds
Similar News ItemsStar Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977)
- The Title, the Plot, and More Invigorating Details About Star Wars: Episode VIII (From BuzzSugar. 23 January 2017, 7:00 PM, PST)
- Star Wars 8 Cast React to The Last Jedi Title Reveal (From MovieWeb. 23 January 2017, 6:01 PM, PST)
- Woody Harrelson Jokes ‘I Wouldn’t Choose Me’ as Han Solo’s Mentor in Upcoming Star Wars Spin-Off Film (From PEOPLE.com. 23 January 2017, 5:21 PM, PST)
Robert A. Iger
- Disney Boss Bob Iger’s Pay Slips Just Over a Million Dollars in 2016 (From The Wrap. 13 January 2017, 2:31 PM, PST)
- Disney’s Bob Iger Made $43.9M In 2016, -2.3% (From Deadline TV. 13 January 2017, 2:25 PM, PST)
- Disney’s Bob Iger Made $43.9M In 2016, -2.3% (From Deadline. 13 January 2017, 2:25 PM, PST)
Michael Eisner (I)
- Ice Cube Partners with Hong Kong Investor Kelvin Wu (From Variety - Film News. 23 January 2017, 3:07 PM, PST)
- Ice Cube, Aid Partners strike development pact (From ScreenDaily. 23 January 2017, 2:59 PM, PST)
- ‘Awards Chatter’ Podcast — Ryan Reynolds (‘Deadpool’) (From Scott Feinberg. 17 January 2017, 5:00 AM, PST)