Us pension funds and UK fund manager raise concerns over rising rewards and concentration of power in hands of Bob Iger
A revolution is brewing in the tree-lined streets of Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom, as shareholders prepare to fight the creeping power and rising rewards of the chairman and chief executive, Bob Iger.
The second largest pension fund in the Us, the Californian teachers fund CalSTRS, which owns more than 5m Disney shares, or 0.3% of the company, said it would vote against Iger's re-election as chairman and Disney's executive pay packages at the company's annual meeting on Wednesday.
Iger took home more than $40.2m (£27m) in the year to September 2012, including a cash bonus of $16.5m.
CalSTRS has had support from the Californian public sector workers pension fund CalPERS, which owns another 0.3% of Disney, for its proposal to strip Iger of one of his roles.
In 2004 when Michael Eisner was in charge, »
- Josephine Moulds
Similar News ItemsStar Wars (1977)
- Geek Deal: Dark Horse ‘Star Wars’ Digital Comics Bundle Now 80% Off (From Slash Film. 26 December 2014, 10:00 AM, PST)
- Cinelinx Game of The Year Winners (From Cinelinx. 26 December 2014, 9:49 AM, PST)
- Interview: ‘Big Eyes’ Star Jason Schwartzman on Margaret Keane, ‘Star Wars’, and ‘Bored to Death’ (From Slash Film. 26 December 2014, 9:00 AM, PST)
Robert A. Iger
- Brandon Stoddard, Former ABC Entertainment President, Dead at 77 (From The Wrap. 22 December 2014, 5:28 PM, PST)
- Brandon Stoddard, ABC Exec Who Shepherded ‘Roots,’ Dies at 77 (From Variety - TV News. 22 December 2014, 5:21 PM, PST)
- "Marvel vs DC" (From SneakPeek. 22 December 2014, 2:14 PM, PST)
Michael Eisner (I)
- Sean Penn Blasts Sony for Pulling ‘The Interview’ (From Variety - Film News. 19 December 2014, 12:37 PM, PST)
- Group Asks FTC to Investigate Michael Eisner's Topps Company (From The Hollywood Reporter. 9 December 2014, 4:15 PM, PST)
- The legacy of The Little Mermaid, 25 years later (From FilmExperience. 17 November 2014, 6:30 PM, PST)