I hate apologizing on behalf of American Idol. We should be enjoying this! This is our joy! My joy! My Seacrest-sponsored rapture. My karaoke vomitorium pandemonium extravaganza. But sigh. Every once in awhile Idol is a silly suckfest for losers, and tonight was one of those nights. Ten dudes entered, and I'm telling you that at least eight of them were lame enough to dismiss completely. Randy Jackson shrugs wildly and pouts, "What is going on here?!" Besides you and your patronizing chuckles, Randy, not much.
Before we begin, it's time to note that Nicki Minaj's "infuriated" reactions whenever Mariah Carey speaks are annoying. What is she reacting to? Anything? It makes me mad. And then, of course Mariah makes me mad with her simplistic, pandering critiques and nervous, non-committal energy. Ugh! Hop on your jetski and hit me with some of that "Honey" video swag, M.C.!
Similar News Items"American Idol" (2002)
- Here are a bunch of times the Grammys mattered (From Hitfix. 12 February 2016, 5:09 PM, PST)
- Thursday TV Ratings: Scandal, American Idol, The Blacklist, Life in Pieces, The 100 (From TVSeriesFinale. 12 February 2016, 12:30 PM, PST)
- Fox 2015-16 Season Ratings (updated 2/12/16) (From TVSeriesFinale. 12 February 2016, 12:29 PM, PST)
- Beyoncé and Mariah Carey Casually Chill Together, Take Superglam Photo (From Popsugar. 12 February 2016, 5:30 PM, PST)
- Beyoncé & Mariah Carey Hang Out Together and Showcase Gorgeous Looks at Gala (From E! Online. 12 February 2016, 1:05 PM, PST)
- Beyoncé and Mariah Carey Step Out Together for a Good Cause (From PEOPLE.com. 12 February 2016, 11:30 AM, PST)
- iHeartRadio Will Finally Honor A Dance Artist Of The Year (From We Got This Covered. 12 February 2016, 10:20 AM, PST)
- Get Ready for the 2016 Grammys With the Full List of Nominees (From BuzzSugar. 12 February 2016, 9:25 AM, PST)
- Even the Real Christina Aguilera Can't Beat Eva Longoria's "Anaconda" on Lip Sync Battle (From Popsugar. 12 February 2016, 6:15 AM, PST)