I hate apologizing on behalf of American Idol. We should be enjoying this! This is our joy! My joy! My Seacrest-sponsored rapture. My karaoke vomitorium pandemonium extravaganza. But sigh. Every once in awhile Idol is a silly suckfest for losers, and tonight was one of those nights. Ten dudes entered, and I'm telling you that at least eight of them were lame enough to dismiss completely. Randy Jackson shrugs wildly and pouts, "What is going on here?!" Besides you and your patronizing chuckles, Randy, not much.
Before we begin, it's time to note that Nicki Minaj's "infuriated" reactions whenever Mariah Carey speaks are annoying. What is she reacting to? Anything? It makes me mad. And then, of course Mariah makes me mad with her simplistic, pandering critiques and nervous, non-committal energy. Ugh! Hop on your jetski and hit me with some of that "Honey" video swag, M.C.!
Similar News Items"American Idol" (2002)
- Fox Cancels ‘Jump of the Century,’ Cites Costs and Timing (From The Wrap. 23 July 2014, 1:01 PM, PDT)
- Weird Al's ‘Tacky’ Star Eric Stonestreet Tells ‘The View’ How He Met the Music Satirist (From The Wrap. 23 July 2014, 11:22 AM, PDT)
- Fox Goes Deep With All-Star Game, Wins Week in Demos; TNT Cable’s Scripted Leader (From Variety - TV News. 23 July 2014, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- Kate Hudson Looks Like a '90s Nightclub Dancer—See Her Hot Throwback Look! (From E! Online. 22 July 2014, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- Cheryl Cole Marries in Secret Ceremony—Check Out More Whirlwind Celebrity Weddings! (From E! Online. 14 July 2014, 1:48 PM, PDT)
- Iggy Azalea ties Adele on the singles chart with 'Fancy' (From Hitfix. 9 July 2014, 4:55 PM, PDT)
- Ryan Seacrest Announces iHeartRadio Music Festival Lineup (From PEOPLE.com. 23 July 2014, 4:15 PM, PDT)
- Taylor Swift, Lorde, Iggy Azalea, One Direction to headline iHeartRadio Festival (From Hitfix. 23 July 2014, 12:16 PM, PDT)
- IHeartRadio 2014: Taylor Swift, Coldplay, Usher, Ariana Grande Lead Fourth Annual Lineup (From The Hollywood Reporter. 23 July 2014, 6:00 AM, PDT)