Update: Emma Watson is not playing Cinderella in Disney's live action rags to riches movie. Instead, Lily James will be playing the role of the downtrodden Ella. She's currently on the BBC show "Downton Abbey" and also played Korrina in Wrath of the Titans.
March 1, 2013 - Emma Watson is in early talks to play the ultimate rags-to-riches character Cinderella in Disney's live-action version. Disney is seeing if the shoe fits with the Harry Potter actress after things didn't work out with lesser known actresses Imogen Poots (Me and Orson Welles), Alicia Vikander (Anna Kanenina) and Gabriella Wilde (The Three Musketeers). Cate Blanchett (The Hobbit, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull) will play the evil stepmother.
Disney is not allowing its live-action Cindrella to turn into a pumpkin, although all the players have changed since it started working on the project. Kenneth Branagh (Thor) replaced Mark Romanek as director. »
- firstname.lastname@example.org (Tara the Mom)
Similar News ItemsThor (2011)
- ‘Skull Island’ Director and Star Announced (From SoundOnSight. 16 September 2014, 12:09 PM, PDT)
- Tom Hiddleston To Visit "Skull Island" (From Dark Horizons. 16 September 2014, 12:09 PM, PDT)
- Female Contenders For Next "True Detective" (From Dark Horizons. 16 September 2014, 12:07 PM, PDT)
Emma Watson (II)
- 20 Movie Auditions For Famous Roles You Need To See (From Obsessed with Film. 16 September 2014, 4:01 AM, PDT)
- Josh Hutcherson Says Jennifer Lawrence's Nude Photo Scandal is "F**kin’ Horrible" (From TooFab. 11 September 2014, 12:45 PM, PDT)
- San Sebastian Names Fernando Bovaira as Main Competition Jury President (From Variety - Film News. 11 September 2014, 6:20 AM, PDT)
- Duncan Jones Could Direct AMC's Preacher Adaptation (From GeekTyrant. 16 September 2014, 9:29 AM, PDT)
- Shekhar Kapur Will Chair 2014 Capri, Hollywood International Film Fest (From Scott Feinberg. 16 September 2014, 5:40 AM, PDT)
- New Hobbit 3,Battle Of Five Armies Movie Banner Shows Almost Everyone In Action (From OnTheFlix. 15 September 2014, 2:12 PM, PDT)