(Photos: Warner Bros.)
As fairy tale movies go, Jack the Giant Slayer is pretty middle-of-the-beanstalk. While it may lack a key distinguishing feature that has made certain fairy tale flicks beloved classics (The Princess Bride's witty self-awareness; Legend's visual daring; Labyrinth's enchanting leading lady, David Bowie), it's a handsome, fast-paced, and nimble enough romp through one of bedtime lore's less complicated narratives. Moviegoers looking for a moving or truly awe-inspiring escape might be disappointed, but casual fans of well-staged action, decently-rendered CGI, and stature-indiscriminate sausage parties might want to check it out.
It's true: Jack the Giant Slayer may not be the funniest, cleverest, or most rapturous fairy tale movie around, but it is the manliest.
Let's start at the beginning (once upon a time, even), as young farmboy Jack is frightened by a storm and has to be comforted by his hulking but painfully adorable »
Similar News ItemsBryan Cranston
- Power Rangers director believes PG-13 rating hurt its box office (From Flickeringmyth. 26 June 2017, 5:06 AM, PDT)
- Bryan Cranston’s ‘Wakefield’ gets a UK trailer (From Blogomatic3000. 26 June 2017, 5:01 AM, PDT)
- Review: Power Rangers 4K Ultra, Blu-ray and Digital HD DVD Releases (From LRM Online. 24 June 2017, 11:00 AM, PDT)
"Gossip Girl" (2007)
- Penn Badgley Is Making His Return to TV in Lifetime's You (From E! Online. 26 June 2017, 11:30 AM, PDT)
- Gossip Girl's Penn Badgley to Star in Greg Berlanti Lifetime Thriller You (From TVLine.com. 26 June 2017, 10:04 AM, PDT)
- Penn Badgley to Star in Greg Berlanti Lifetime Thriller 'You' (From The Hollywood Reporter - TV News. 26 June 2017, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- ‘The X-Files’ Season 11 Fills Its Writers’ Room With All-Male Staff (From Indiewire. 26 June 2017, 1:32 PM, PDT)
- ‘The X-Files’ Season 11 Fills Its Writers’ Room With All-Male Staff (From Indiewire Television. 26 June 2017, 1:32 PM, PDT)
- Fox Will Summon The Exorcist Back Onto The Small Screen This September (From We Got This Covered. 23 June 2017, 6:33 AM, PDT)