It took a while for the independent comedy Super Troopers to find its audience, but today the film is widely regarded as a cult hit. The 2001 film may have been lacking in comedic star power, but some quotable dialogue, memorable on screen shenanigans and strong chemistry between its core group of actors – a fivesome who are best friends in real life and members of the Broken Lizard comedy troupe – created enough laughs to wiggle its way into the comedy zeitgeist.
The group has made three films since (Club Dread, Beerfest and the The Slammin’ Salmon), but none have proven to be as successful as Troopers. The lack of recent success and the notable demand from fans has caused the group to seriously consider a sequel – an idea they’ve tossed around for a number of years – and it finally looks ...
Click to continue reading ‘Super Troopers 2′ Could Start Shooting »
- Daniel Johnson
Similar News ItemsJay Chandrasekhar
- ‘Thrill Ride’ Brings A Comedy Slasher To Fox (From The Hollywood News. 8 October 2014, 11:39 PM, PDT)
- The Super Troopers Mustache Update You've Been Asking For (From Cinema Blend. 8 October 2014, 2:04 PM, PDT)
- Steve Lemme Confirms Super Troopers 2 Filming In 2015 (From We Got This Covered. 6 October 2014, 2:44 PM, PDT)
Super Troopers (2001)
- Indie Spotlight: Tales of Poe, Ninjas vs Monsters, Zombie With a Shotgun (From DailyDead. 18 January 2015, 11:56 AM, PST)
- Crazy Trailer for the Horror Comedy Bloodsucking Bastards (From GeekTyrant. 16 January 2015, 7:42 AM, PST)
- ‘Office Space’ meets ‘True Blood’ in first trailer for ‘Bloodsucking Bastards’ (From SoundOnSight. 14 January 2015, 12:41 PM, PST)
- TBS Orders Comedy Pilot 'Quality Time' From Broken Lizard Gang (From The Hollywood Reporter. 16 December 2014, 9:00 AM, PST)
- Broken Lizard tease Super Troopers 2 (From Flickeringmyth. 17 November 2014, 8:28 AM, PST)
- ‘Super Troopers 2′ To Be Funded By You (From The Hollywood News. 5 October 2014, 11:43 PM, PDT)