Review Luke Savage 1 Mar 2013 - 06:00
Okay. First things first. For any Sam Raimi fans out there worried that he's done a Burton, you can breathe out now. No need to panic. Alice In Wonderland has been laid down as some kind of marker for Oz The Great And Powerful to follow. Children's classic, genius auteur, 3D. Check, check, check.
But if Burton's billion dollar behemoth veered a little too close to being ... you know, for kids, then Raimi manages to conjure up a bit of magic himself. His Oz The Great And Powerful treads a delicate tightrope, part blockbuster eye candy, part gleeful riposte to sanitised Disney tales. And for those who grew up on the Raimi oeuvre, it's even better.
Because Oz The Great And Powerful »
Similar News ItemsJames Franco
- Center Stage: On Pointe: Did Lifetime's Movie Sequel Give You Dance Fever? (From TVLine.com. 25 June 2016, 7:00 PM, PDT)
- Film Acquisition Rundown, Week of June 20: Kino Lorber Plans Awards Push for ‘Tower,’ Factory 25 Gets Weird With ‘For the Plasma’ (From Indiewire. 24 June 2016, 7:15 AM, PDT)
- Freida Pinto to make her first appearance at Iifa (From Bollyspice. 23 June 2016, 11:00 PM, PDT)
- Pregnant Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher Are ''Thrilled'' About Having Another Baby (From E! Online. 22 June 2016, 8:01 PM, PDT)
- Mila Kunis Shows Baby Bump in First Outing Since Announcing Her Second Pregnancy (From E! Online. 21 June 2016, 6:32 PM, PDT)
- Mila Kunis Steps Out For Lunch With a Friend Following Her Pregnancy News (From Popsugar. 21 June 2016, 3:45 PM, PDT)
- ‘Evil Dead’ Behind The Scenes Video: Bruce Campbell Leads Vintage Footage Of The Horror Classic (From Indiewire. 25 June 2016, 1:22 PM, PDT)
- First Look at Miles Morales in Spider-Man: Homecoming? (From MovieWeb. 24 June 2016, 11:11 AM, PDT)
- Watch the ‘Blood Simple’ Pitch Trailer that Launched the Coen Brothers’ Career (From The Film Stage. 24 June 2016, 8:38 AM, PDT)