We've spent a lot of time, here at NextMovie, contemplating the duplicitous nature of so many movie titles — we know not everything can be forthright as "Snakes on a Plane" ... but "Lawrence of Arabia" was from Wales, and for God's sake, "The Impossible" was improbable, at best.
Those both pale in comparison to the slap in the face of logic that is "The Last Exorcism: Part II." If it's the Last Exorcism, there can be no part two. By definition!
Sure, you could say the continuing story of Nell Sweetzer and her recurring devil problems uses "last" in a sense of succession — her last exorcism, her next exorcism, the exorcism she'll have at some point next summer — but we all know that's straight up poppycock. The exorcism in the last "Last Exorcism" was her first.
Now that we've ironed out the semantics, let's just enjoy "The Last Exorcism" poster that should have been. »
- Brooke Tarnoff
Similar News ItemsThe Last Exorcism (2010)
- [Review] An Engaging Premise Can’t Save ‘Incarnate’ From Mediocrity (From Bloody-Disgusting.com. 2 December 2016, 12:01 PM, PST)
- The Weekend Warrior 12/2/16: Incarnate, Jackie, Old Stone (From LRM Online. 30 November 2016, 9:16 AM, PST)
- Ashley Bell Moves in ‘Next Door’ (From Bloody-Disgusting.com. 14 November 2016, 7:33 AM, PST)
Lawrence of Arabia (1962)
- Review: Allied's Old School Beauty (From FilmExperience. 26 November 2016, 3:33 PM, PST)
- Brad Pitt and Marion Cotillard Make Love in War, then War in Love, in the Entertaining Spy-and-Sex Drama Allied (From PEOPLE.com. 22 November 2016, 9:08 AM, PST)
- Top Directors Banking on Nostalgia (From Variety - Film News. 22 November 2016, 9:00 AM, PST)
Snakes on a Plane (2006)
- Breaking: Here's Your First Look At King Kong In Kong: Skull Island!! (From LRM Online. 10 November 2016, 8:50 AM, PST)
- 5 Surprise Snakes Who Slithered Into Shocking Places (From PEOPLE.com. 8 November 2016, 1:03 PM, PST)
- ‘Snakes On A Plane’ Gets Real-Life Sequel As Snake Falls From Cabin Ceiling During Flight (From ET Canada. 7 November 2016, 2:54 PM, PST)