We've spent a lot of time, here at NextMovie, contemplating the duplicitous nature of so many movie titles — we know not everything can be forthright as "Snakes on a Plane" ... but "Lawrence of Arabia" was from Wales, and for God's sake, "The Impossible" was improbable, at best.
Those both pale in comparison to the slap in the face of logic that is "The Last Exorcism: Part II." If it's the Last Exorcism, there can be no part two. By definition!
Sure, you could say the continuing story of Nell Sweetzer and her recurring devil problems uses "last" in a sense of succession — her last exorcism, her next exorcism, the exorcism she'll have at some point next summer — but we all know that's straight up poppycock. The exorcism in the last "Last Exorcism" was her first.
Now that we've ironed out the semantics, let's just enjoy "The Last Exorcism" poster that should have been. »
- Brooke Tarnoff
Similar News ItemsThe Last Exorcism (2010)
- Ti West’s The Sacrament Blu-ray / DVD Release Date, Bonus Features & Cover Art Revealed (From DailyDead. 21 July 2014, 3:30 PM, PDT)
- New Extended Intruders Trailer Interrupts Your Work Day (From Dread Central. 21 July 2014, 10:11 AM, PDT)
- New Intruders Video Explores The Mystery Inside Us All (From Dread Central. 18 July 2014, 10:54 AM, PDT)
Lawrence of Arabia (1962)
- Quentin Tarantino's The Hateful Eight Gets A Poster, Teases Release Date (From Cinema Blend. 30 July 2014, 7:59 AM, PDT)
- Historian hoping to restore ‘Gone With the Wind’ film set (From SoundOnSight. 28 July 2014, 3:51 PM, PDT)
- Beyond Spectacular: Experiencing '2001' in 70mm; 'Interstellar' is Next (From FirstShowing.net. 15 July 2014, 12:22 PM, PDT)
Snakes on a Plane (2006)
- ‘Sharknado 2′ Takes Chunk Out Of The Ratings (From The Hollywood News. 31 July 2014, 10:29 PM, PDT)
- "Sharknado 2:The Second One" Live-Blog Because Obviously (From Hitfix. 30 July 2014, 5:42 PM, PDT)
- Sam Jackson's Mother F--king Supercut (From Rope Of Silicon. 29 July 2014, 9:44 AM, PDT)