We've spent a lot of time, here at NextMovie, contemplating the duplicitous nature of so many movie titles — we know not everything can be forthright as "Snakes on a Plane" ... but "Lawrence of Arabia" was from Wales, and for God's sake, "The Impossible" was improbable, at best.
Those both pale in comparison to the slap in the face of logic that is "The Last Exorcism: Part II." If it's the Last Exorcism, there can be no part two. By definition!
Sure, you could say the continuing story of Nell Sweetzer and her recurring devil problems uses "last" in a sense of succession — her last exorcism, her next exorcism, the exorcism she'll have at some point next summer — but we all know that's straight up poppycock. The exorcism in the last "Last Exorcism" was her first.
Now that we've ironed out the semantics, let's just enjoy "The Last Exorcism" poster that should have been. »
- Brooke Tarnoff
Similar News ItemsThe Last Exorcism (2010)
- Watch: Mark Webber Finds Horror in Red Band '13 Sins' SXSW Trailer (From FirstShowing.net. 12 March 2014, 7:52 AM, PDT)
- Sparks: Watch Chase Williamson And Clancy Brown "Work On It" (From Twitch. 11 March 2014, 12:30 PM, PDT)
- Exclusive Clip: Ashley Bell Sends Sparks Flying (From Dread Central. 11 March 2014, 9:30 AM, PDT)
Lawrence of Arabia (1962)
- Film Review: ‘Muppets Most Wanted’ (From Variety - Film News. 11 March 2014, 9:01 PM, PDT)
- Mia Wasikowska Crosses The Desert In Us Trailer For Tracks (From We Got This Covered. 10 March 2014, 9:32 AM, PDT)
- Ofcs names The Godfather the best Oscar Best Picture ever (From FlickFilosopher. 7 March 2014, 5:22 AM, PST)
Snakes on a Plane (2006)
- Scare Prank Unleashes Giant Python on Terrified NYC Cab Passengers (From FEARnet. 13 March 2014, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- 'Sex Box,' The Only Show Where People Have Sex in a Box, Is Coming to America (From Nerve. 11 March 2014, 11:40 AM, PDT)
- Tsr Blog: ‘Non-Stop’ and Why It’s Safe for Movie Planes to Crash Again (From Scorecard Review. 7 March 2014, 11:43 AM, PST)