A fun joke to have told your friends around the time that "Titanic" came out was, "Spoiler alert: The boat hits the iceberg!" I'm sure many, many people used that joke during the mid to late '90s, and all of them reaped the many benefits which followed, from more friends to more respect to a deeper appreciation of themselves as people.
Hell, making that joke even started Barack Obama's political career!
Indeed, not every movie is enjoyed just for its surprise ending. Some movie endings, in fact, are even built right into the title.
Here are nine that ask you to enjoy the journey, not the destination.
"The Shawshank Redemption," (1994)
"The Shawshank Redemption" would have presumably been a much tougher studio sell had the title been "Tim Robbins is Wrongly Convicted of a Crime and Then Dies in Prison After a Few Decades of Friendship with Morgan Freeman, »
- Nick Blake
Similar News ItemsStar Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977)
- Disney’s Bob Iger says Indiana Jones 5 “won’t just be a one-off” (From Flickeringmyth. 26 June 2016, 4:30 AM, PDT)
- The Week in Star Wars – Darth Vader confirmed for Rogue One, new images and character descriptions revealed, Star Wars: Underground details (From Flickeringmyth. 26 June 2016, 2:00 AM, PDT)
- Lego teases Rogue One: A Star Wars Story sets (From Flickeringmyth. 26 June 2016, 1:28 AM, PDT)
- ‘Gilmore Girls’: Watch Rory Meet Michelle Obama (From Variety - TV News. 25 June 2016, 11:10 AM, PDT)
- President Obama Names Historic Lgbt Bar Stonewall Inn a National Monument (From PEOPLE.com. 25 June 2016, 10:30 AM, PDT)
- 7 Stories That Made Us Smile This Week (From PEOPLE.com. 24 June 2016, 3:40 PM, PDT)
- Oscar Race at the 2016 Halfway Mark: Diversity and Confusion (From Variety - Film News. 24 June 2016, 11:03 AM, PDT)
- Film Review: ‘The Duel’ (From Variety - Film News. 22 June 2016, 6:13 PM, PDT)
- Tom Cruise vs. Jamie Foxx: How Katie Holmes Approached Love Differently (From E! Online. 22 June 2016, 11:35 AM, PDT)