A fun joke to have told your friends around the time that "Titanic" came out was, "Spoiler alert: The boat hits the iceberg!" I'm sure many, many people used that joke during the mid to late '90s, and all of them reaped the many benefits which followed, from more friends to more respect to a deeper appreciation of themselves as people.
Hell, making that joke even started Barack Obama's political career!
Indeed, not every movie is enjoyed just for its surprise ending. Some movie endings, in fact, are even built right into the title.
Here are nine that ask you to enjoy the journey, not the destination.
"The Shawshank Redemption," (1994)
"The Shawshank Redemption" would have presumably been a much tougher studio sell had the title been "Tim Robbins is Wrongly Convicted of a Crime and Then Dies in Prison After a Few Decades of Friendship with Morgan Freeman, »
- Nick Blake
Similar News ItemsBarack Obama
- Oprah Winfrey Network Sues Alleged Imposter for Pretending to Be Media Mogul's Nephew (From E! Online. 17 April 2015, 7:00 PM, PDT)
- Jon Stewart Takes ‘Balloon’ Dick Cheney on Journey Back Through Iraq History (Video) (From The Wrap. 17 April 2015, 6:44 AM, PDT)
- WikiLeaks publishes 200,000 Sony hacking files (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 16 April 2015, 1:50 PM, PDT)
- Steve Carell Joins Robert Zemeckis' 'Marwencol' Narrative Re-Imagining (From Rope Of Silicon. 17 April 2015, 7:26 AM, PDT)
- Ryan Gosling In Talks to Star In Blade Runner 2 (From Cinelinx. 16 April 2015, 7:31 PM, PDT)
- Steve Carell Starring in Robert Zemeckis Drama ‘Marwencol’ (From Variety - Film News. 16 April 2015, 7:27 PM, PDT)
Star Wars (1977)
- M. Night Shyamalan’s The Visit Trailer Attached To Unfriended; First Poster In Theaters (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 18 April 2015, 7:07 PM, PDT)
- Tribeca 2015 Critic’s Notebook: Live from New York, Ludicris, The Survivalist, Crocodile Gennadiy and More (From Filmmaker Magazine. 18 April 2015, 7:06 PM, PDT)
- Meet The New Actors of 'Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens' (From CineMovie. 18 April 2015, 5:45 PM, PDT)