A fun joke to have told your friends around the time that "Titanic" came out was, "Spoiler alert: The boat hits the iceberg!" I'm sure many, many people used that joke during the mid to late '90s, and all of them reaped the many benefits which followed, from more friends to more respect to a deeper appreciation of themselves as people.
Hell, making that joke even started Barack Obama's political career!
Indeed, not every movie is enjoyed just for its surprise ending. Some movie endings, in fact, are even built right into the title.
Here are nine that ask you to enjoy the journey, not the destination.
"The Shawshank Redemption," (1994)
"The Shawshank Redemption" would have presumably been a much tougher studio sell had the title been "Tim Robbins is Wrongly Convicted of a Crime and Then Dies in Prison After a Few Decades of Friendship with Morgan Freeman, »
- Nick Blake
Similar News ItemsBarack Obama (I)
- Meet the Famous Friend Who Will Officiate George Clooney & Amal Alamuddin's Wedding (From PEOPLE.com. 22 September 2014, 1:10 PM, PDT)
- Mindy Newell Is Jus’ Ramblin’ On (From Comicmix. 22 September 2014, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- Michael Moore Out as Michigan Film Board Member (From The Hollywood Reporter. 21 September 2014, 9:58 PM, PDT)
- Empire's Interstellar Cover Has Arrived (From EmpireOnline. 23 September 2014, 3:55 AM, PDT)
- Fury “Last Mission” TV Spot; Listen To A Sample Of Steven Price’s Score (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 22 September 2014, 9:07 PM, PDT)
- Newlyweds Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Take the Kids Bowling in Malta—Get the Details! (From E! Online. 22 September 2014, 6:57 PM, PDT)
Star Wars (1977)
- Oscar Isaac On Star Wars, Stormtroopers, & Working With The Original Cast (From ComicBookMovie. 23 September 2014, 7:59 AM, PDT)
- Astro Boy Multiverse Mashup Art - Star Wars, Hellboy, and More (From GeekTyrant. 23 September 2014, 7:31 AM, PDT)
- Oscar Isaac talks Patricia Highsmith thriller and 'Star Wars: Episode VII' (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 23 September 2014, 7:00 AM, PDT)