A fun joke to have told your friends around the time that "Titanic" came out was, "Spoiler alert: The boat hits the iceberg!" I'm sure many, many people used that joke during the mid to late '90s, and all of them reaped the many benefits which followed, from more friends to more respect to a deeper appreciation of themselves as people.
Hell, making that joke even started Barack Obama's political career!
Indeed, not every movie is enjoyed just for its surprise ending. Some movie endings, in fact, are even built right into the title.
Here are nine that ask you to enjoy the journey, not the destination.
"The Shawshank Redemption," (1994)
"The Shawshank Redemption" would have presumably been a much tougher studio sell had the title been "Tim Robbins is Wrongly Convicted of a Crime and Then Dies in Prison After a Few Decades of Friendship with Morgan Freeman, »
- Nick Blake
Similar News ItemsStar Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977)
- Rumor Patrol: 'Star Wars: Episode IX' Will Go "Elsewhere" and Unite the Three Trilogies (From Movies.com. 20 October 2017, 12:00 PM, PDT)
- Watch: Seth Green Channels Chris Griffin as Anakin Skywalker in ‘Star Wars’ Spoof (From Collider.com. 20 October 2017, 9:22 AM, PDT)
- Star Wars Fans Experience The Last Jedi Exhibit at New York Comic Con (From ShockYa. 20 October 2017, 9:12 AM, PDT)
- American Horror Story: This 1 Hint Could Mean Ally Is the Real Cult Leader (From BuzzSugar. 20 October 2017, 9:20 AM, PDT)
- People Explains: Why Trump Is Feuding with Rep. Frederica Wilson Over Controversial Call to Slain Soldier’s Widow (From PEOPLE.com. 20 October 2017, 8:55 AM, PDT)
- John Kelly Says President Obama Did Not Call His Family When His Son Died — But ‘That Was Not a Criticism’ (From PEOPLE.com. 19 October 2017, 1:22 PM, PDT)
- Brad Pitt Is the Least Profitable Actor in Hollywood (From MovieWeb. 20 October 2017, 10:06 AM, PDT)
- Quentin Tarantino Says His Girlfriend Mira Sorvino Told Him About Alleged Harvey Weinstein Incident in 1995 (From PEOPLE.com. 19 October 2017, 4:14 PM, PDT)
- Emilio Estevez Crowned Hollywood’s Most Profitable Actor (From We Got This Covered. 19 October 2017, 2:20 PM, PDT)