A fun joke to have told your friends around the time that "Titanic" came out was, "Spoiler alert: The boat hits the iceberg!" I'm sure many, many people used that joke during the mid to late '90s, and all of them reaped the many benefits which followed, from more friends to more respect to a deeper appreciation of themselves as people.
Hell, making that joke even started Barack Obama's political career!
Indeed, not every movie is enjoyed just for its surprise ending. Some movie endings, in fact, are even built right into the title.
Here are nine that ask you to enjoy the journey, not the destination.
"The Shawshank Redemption," (1994)
"The Shawshank Redemption" would have presumably been a much tougher studio sell had the title been "Tim Robbins is Wrongly Convicted of a Crime and Then Dies in Prison After a Few Decades of Friendship with Morgan Freeman, »
- Nick Blake
Similar News ItemsStar Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977)
- Donald Glover Cast As Young Lando Calrissian In Upcoming Han Solo Star Wars Stand-Alone Film (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 22 October 2016, 8:45 AM, PDT)
- Donald Glover is the Next Lando Calrissian in the Young Han Solo Movie (From Filmonic. 22 October 2016, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- Donald Glover Is The New Lando Calrissian!! (From TheMovieBit. 22 October 2016, 5:44 AM, PDT)
- ‘Hamilton’s America’: Go Behind the Scenes of Lin-Manuel Miranda’s Smash Hit Musical With New Documentary — Watch (From Indiewire. 22 October 2016, 8:49 AM, PDT)
- Obama’s Celebrate Their Final Musical Event at the White House (From PEOPLE.com. 21 October 2016, 8:43 PM, PDT)
- Film Review: ‘Before the Flood’ (From Variety - Film News. 21 October 2016, 4:51 PM, PDT)
- Everything That Has Happened Since Angelina Jolie Filed For Divorce From Brad Pitt (From Popsugar. 22 October 2016, 10:32 AM, PDT)
- Here's Why Brad Pitt Probably Hasn't Responded to Angelina Jolie's Divorce Filing (From E! Online. 21 October 2016, 1:44 PM, PDT)
- 65 Movies That Need to Be on Your Radar This Fall (From BuzzSugar. 21 October 2016, 11:50 AM, PDT)