Disney is going in a new direction for their animated comedy Disney's Planes. Back in August 2011, the studio announced Jon Cryer is voicing Dusty Crophopper, a cropdusting plane who is afraid of heights. That was back when the project was set for a straight-to-dvd release. Now that the movie is hitting theaters in August, the studio has announced that Dane Cook is voicing the lead character. Take a look at Dusty, along with the studio's official press release.
Dane Cook has been tapped to voice the lead character Dusty, a plane with high hopes in Disney's Planes. Inspired by the world of Cars and directed by Disneytoon Studios veteran and aviation enthusiast Klay Hall (King of the Hill, The Simpsons), Disney's Planes is an action-packed 3D animated comedy adventure about Dusty's dream of competing as a high-flying air racer-and his decidedly unfortunate fear of heights. The film takes off in theaters in 3D on Aug. »
Similar News ItemsLouis C.K.
- Ricky Gervais Takes Credit for ‘Big, Sweaty Slob’ Louis C.K.’s Career (From Mediaite - TV. 24 July 2014, 8:42 AM, PDT)
- Louie: a comic look at the messy life of a divorced dad box set review (From The Guardian - TV News. 24 July 2014, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- Ricky Gervais Angry About Louis C.K. Emmys Competition: 'I Discovered that Big, Sweaty Slob' (Video) (From The Hollywood Reporter. 24 July 2014, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- Casting: Mara, Carell, Jones, Fairley (From Dark Horizons. 24 July 2014, 8:13 AM, PDT)
- A Little Chaos unfolds at 2014 Tiff Galas and Special Presentations (From Flickeringmyth. 23 July 2014, 4:26 PM, PDT)
- Steve Carell to Lead Disney's 'Brooklyn Family Robinson' Comedy (From FirstShowing.net. 23 July 2014, 9:39 AM, PDT)
Comedy Central [us]
- 'Drunk History' and 'Nathan For You' renewed by Comedy Central (From Hitfix. 25 July 2014, 4:06 PM, PDT)
- Comedy Central Renews ‘Drunk History,’ ‘Nathan For You’ (From Variety - TV News. 25 July 2014, 2:45 PM, PDT)
- Comedy Central Renews 'Drunk History' and 'Nathan For You' (From The Hollywood Reporter. 25 July 2014, 2:45 PM, PDT)