Ten dames stepped up to the mic on Wednesday night. Nine of them sang. One of them exploded.
And was rewarded for it.
And... I'm fine with it? Let this be a lesson to everyone: If you are a fine singer who gets an opportunity to wow the nation on American Idol, but you choose the lite-fm nonchalance of Alicia Keys' "No One," maybe you deserve to finish between 20th and 40th place. Maybe I think that's justified, Cristabel Clacky. And maybe if you're a howling claymation clown sorceress named Zoanette Johnson who sets the bar for unthinkable camp monstrosities with a performance of (wait for it) "The Circle of Life," maybe you really do earn your place in the Top 20 -- even if you can't sing, control yourself, or really do anything except blubber and wail like a watercolor-drenched Pagliacci. Maybe.
Actually, I'm not sure. Zoanette Johnson was »
Similar News Items"American Idol" (2002)
- Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards Winners: The Complete List (From The Wrap. 28 March 2015, 6:50 PM, PDT)
- Fox 2014-15 Season Ratings (updated 3/28/15) (From TVSeriesFinale. 28 March 2015, 1:51 PM, PDT)
- Justin Guarini Returns to TV in Funny "Lil' Sweet" Diet Dr Pepper Commercial (From Us Weekly. 28 March 2015, 1:08 PM, PDT)
- Calvin Harris Is Superhot and We Need to Address It (From Popsugar. 29 March 2015, 5:55 AM, PDT)
- Kids’ Choice Awards 2015: Angelina Jolie, Jennifer Lopez & Tons of Slime (From Variety - TV News. 28 March 2015, 8:34 PM, PDT)
- Top 50 Most Viewed YouTube Channels Worldwide • Week Of 3/27/15 (From Tubefilter News. 28 March 2015, 5:25 PM, PDT)
- Nick Jonas: The Party Crasher! (From Access Hollywood. 28 March 2015, 3:15 PM, PDT)
- Demi, Sam & Lindsay -- See This Week's Best Celebrity Selfies! (From TooFab. 28 March 2015, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Give Your Lashes the Red Carpet Treatment With These Lengthening Systems (From E! Online. 27 March 2015, 5:04 PM, PDT)