Ten dames stepped up to the mic on Wednesday night. Nine of them sang. One of them exploded.
And was rewarded for it.
And... I'm fine with it? Let this be a lesson to everyone: If you are a fine singer who gets an opportunity to wow the nation on American Idol, but you choose the lite-fm nonchalance of Alicia Keys' "No One," maybe you deserve to finish between 20th and 40th place. Maybe I think that's justified, Cristabel Clacky. And maybe if you're a howling claymation clown sorceress named Zoanette Johnson who sets the bar for unthinkable camp monstrosities with a performance of (wait for it) "The Circle of Life," maybe you really do earn your place in the Top 20 -- even if you can't sing, control yourself, or really do anything except blubber and wail like a watercolor-drenched Pagliacci. Maybe.
Actually, I'm not sure. Zoanette Johnson was »
Similar News Items"American Idol" (2002)
- Carrie Underwood Recalls the Day She Accidently Locked Her Baby and Dogs in the Car (From E! Online. 1 September 2015, 6:45 PM, PDT)
- Fox 2014-15 Season Ratings (updated 9/1/15) (From TVSeriesFinale. 1 September 2015, 4:04 PM, PDT)
- 96 Covers Kelly Clarkson’s Performed Live, Ranked (From Vulture. 1 September 2015, 2:08 PM, PDT)
- Kim Kardashian, Kanye West, Tyga and More Become Alexander Wang's Squad in New DoSomething Campaign (From E! Online. 1 September 2015, 6:20 PM, PDT)
- MTV Vma Awards: Our contest winner demands 'Kanye for Oscar host!' (From Gold Derby. 1 September 2015, 3:22 PM, PDT)
- PewDiePie Lands Guinness Book World Record For Most YouTube Subscribers (From Tubefilter News. 1 September 2015, 3:06 PM, PDT)
- Saturday Night Live: Miley Cyrus, The Weeknd & Demi Lovato Are Season 41’s First Musical Guests (From TVovermind.com. 1 September 2015, 10:23 AM, PDT)
- Digital Revolution Pushes Youth Talent Agents to Change Their Game (From Variety - TV News. 1 September 2015, 10:05 AM, PDT)
- Miley Cyrus, the Weeknd, and Demi Lovato Are This Season’s First SNL Musical Guests (From Vulture. 1 September 2015, 10:02 AM, PDT)