Ten dames stepped up to the mic on Wednesday night. Nine of them sang. One of them exploded.
And was rewarded for it.
And... I'm fine with it? Let this be a lesson to everyone: If you are a fine singer who gets an opportunity to wow the nation on American Idol, but you choose the lite-fm nonchalance of Alicia Keys' "No One," maybe you deserve to finish between 20th and 40th place. Maybe I think that's justified, Cristabel Clacky. And maybe if you're a howling claymation clown sorceress named Zoanette Johnson who sets the bar for unthinkable camp monstrosities with a performance of (wait for it) "The Circle of Life," maybe you really do earn your place in the Top 20 -- even if you can't sing, control yourself, or really do anything except blubber and wail like a watercolor-drenched Pagliacci. Maybe.
Actually, I'm not sure. Zoanette Johnson was »
Similar News Items"American Idol" (2002)
- Ace Young and Diana DeGarmo Begin Their Own Holiday Traditions (From PEOPLE.com. 8 December 2013, 1:35 PM, PST)
- Carrie Underwood Prays for ‘Mean People’ After ‘Sound of Music’ Criticism (From The Wrap. 7 December 2013, 1:15 PM, PST)
- Carrie Underwood Responds to Sound of Music Live! Criticism, Says "Mean People Need Jesus" (From E! Online. 7 December 2013, 9:44 AM, PST)
- First Golden Globes promo: Tina Fey and Amy Poehler are terrible at music (From Hitfix. 8 December 2013, 2:17 PM, PST)
- Ariana Grande: It’s Great You Apologized For Your Selena Gomez Diss (From HollywoodLife. 7 December 2013, 3:17 PM, PST)
- Kendall Jenner ‘Happier Than Ever’ On NYC Brunch Date With Harry Styles (From HollywoodLife. 7 December 2013, 2:22 PM, PST)
- Ariana Grande Disses Selena Gomez For Lip-Syncing At Jingle Ball (From HollywoodLife. 7 December 2013, 3:17 PM, PST)
- Buzzmakers: Mandela Dies, Paul Walker Autopsy (From Entertainment Tonight. 7 December 2013, 6:00 AM, PST)
- Demi Lovato 'not mad' at Joe Jonas for tell-all essay (From RealBollywood. 6 December 2013, 9:34 PM, PST)