Ten dames stepped up to the mic on Wednesday night. Nine of them sang. One of them exploded.
And was rewarded for it.
And... I'm fine with it? Let this be a lesson to everyone: If you are a fine singer who gets an opportunity to wow the nation on American Idol, but you choose the lite-fm nonchalance of Alicia Keys' "No One," maybe you deserve to finish between 20th and 40th place. Maybe I think that's justified, Cristabel Clacky. And maybe if you're a howling claymation clown sorceress named Zoanette Johnson who sets the bar for unthinkable camp monstrosities with a performance of (wait for it) "The Circle of Life," maybe you really do earn your place in the Top 20 -- even if you can't sing, control yourself, or really do anything except blubber and wail like a watercolor-drenched Pagliacci. Maybe.
Actually, I'm not sure. Zoanette Johnson was »
Similar News Items"American Idol" (2002)
- Fox 2014-15 Season Ratings (updated 3/3/15) (From TVSeriesFinale. 3 March 2015, 12:41 PM, PST)
- Digital Audience Ratings: ‘Game of Thrones,’ Oscars Fashion Reign (From Variety - TV News. 3 March 2015, 9:00 AM, PST)
- Mama! Carrie Underwood Delivers Bouncing Baby Boy (From Monsters and Critics. 3 March 2015, 8:17 AM, PST)
- Ellen DeGeneres Settles #TheDress Debate Once and For All (From TooFab. 3 March 2015, 7:45 AM, PST)
- Kanye West Admits His Ego is His 'Biggest Achilles Heel,' Internet Calls Him a 'Loser' (From Entertainment Tonight. 3 March 2015, 7:18 AM, PST)
- Video: Kelly Clarkson and Jimmy Fallon Master the History of Duets (From TVLine.com. 3 March 2015, 5:03 AM, PST)
- Demi Lovato Doesn't Have a Thigh Gap, But Still Loves Her Body: See Her Motivational Bikini Pic (From Us Weekly. 2 March 2015, 9:02 AM, PST)
- RuPaul's Drag Race: Ross Mathews Talks News Queens, New Judges in Season 7 (From PEOPLE.com. 2 March 2015, 6:30 AM, PST)
- What's New on TV, Netflix Streaming, Digital, and DVD/Blu-ray This Week: March 2 - March 8 (From Moviefone. 2 March 2015, 6:00 AM, PST)