Ten dames stepped up to the mic on Wednesday night. Nine of them sang. One of them exploded.
And was rewarded for it.
And... I'm fine with it? Let this be a lesson to everyone: If you are a fine singer who gets an opportunity to wow the nation on American Idol, but you choose the lite-fm nonchalance of Alicia Keys' "No One," maybe you deserve to finish between 20th and 40th place. Maybe I think that's justified, Cristabel Clacky. And maybe if you're a howling claymation clown sorceress named Zoanette Johnson who sets the bar for unthinkable camp monstrosities with a performance of (wait for it) "The Circle of Life," maybe you really do earn your place in the Top 20 -- even if you can't sing, control yourself, or really do anything except blubber and wail like a watercolor-drenched Pagliacci. Maybe.
Actually, I'm not sure. Zoanette Johnson was »
Similar News Items"American Idol" (2002)
- American Idol: Top 6 Song Spoilers Revealed! (From TVLine.com. 21 April 2015, 7:18 AM, PDT)
- New Girl First Look: Schmidt Covers Fawn's Behind, Coach Preps to Go (From TVLine.com. 20 April 2015, 3:37 PM, PDT)
- Fox 2014-15 Season Ratings (updated 4/20/15) (From TVSeriesFinale. 20 April 2015, 1:32 PM, PDT)
- Winners Announced for the 50th Academy of Country Music Awards (From Hollywoodnews.com. 20 April 2015, 3:13 PM, PDT)
- TVLine Items: Shadowhunters Lead Cast, HBO Gets High Again and More (From TVLine.com. 20 April 2015, 1:09 PM, PDT)
- The 50th Acm Awards Bring Out Country Stars, Hot Couples, and Even Sofia Vergara! (From Popsugar. 20 April 2015, 12:45 PM, PDT)
- Demi Lovato Says Boyfriend Wilmer Valderrama ''Wouldn't Enable Me'' When Struggling With Substance Abuse (From E! Online. 20 April 2015, 8:03 PM, PDT)
- Buh-Bye, Blue! Hilary Duff Switches to Pink Hair Post-Coachella—See the Pic! (From E! Online. 20 April 2015, 3:14 PM, PDT)
- Demi Lovato, Jack & Jack To Perform At DigiFest NYC 2015 (From Tubefilter News. 20 April 2015, 3:03 PM, PDT)