Will Ferrell is set to receive the Comedic Genius Award at this year's MTV Movie Awards, the network announced Wednesday.
The star of "Anchorman," "Old School," "The Other Guys" and the upcoming "Anchorman 2," as well as one of the founders of Funny Or Die, will be the first person to get the Comedic Genius Award from the long-running awards show.
"Will Ferrell epitomizes what it means to be a comedic genius and it's only fitting that he should be the inaugural recipient of this award," said MTV president Stephen Friedman in a statement. "Over the course of his extraordinary, 17-plus-year career, he has entertained audiences across the globe with an impressive array of laugh-out-loud performances on air, online and in films. Simply put, Will Ferrell is 'kind of a big deal.'"
The actor first became famous as a cast member on "Saturday Night Live," where he played characters »
- The Huffington Post
Similar News Items"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- Portlandia’s Carrie Brownstein on Her Friendship With Fred Armisen and Comedy Versus Music (From Vulture. 13 March 2014, 6:55 AM, PDT)
- Lena Dunham Tells Glamour She Maybe Doesn’t Want To Act Anymore (From Deadline New York. 13 March 2014, 6:46 AM, PDT)
- 'Veep's' Matt Walsh Launches Indiegogo Campaign for Comedy Film (From The Hollywood Reporter. 13 March 2014, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- 'Billy on the Street' Returns Tonight: Here's Its Best Clip! (From Hitfix. 12 March 2014, 5:40 PM, PDT)
- 'Billy on the Street': What are Lena Dunham, Amy Poehler, and Lindsay Lohan doing on the show? (From EW.com - Inside TV. 12 March 2014, 3:41 PM, PDT)
- Director set for Lego Movie sequel (From IF.com.au. 12 March 2014, 2:33 PM, PDT)
Sacha Baron Cohen
- Helena Bonham Carter to Return as Red Queen in Alice in Wonderland Sequel (From Worst Previews. 13 March 2014, 4:08 AM, PDT)
- Bonham Carter Returns As The Red Queen (From Dark Horizons. 12 March 2014, 8:53 PM, PDT)
- Helena Bonham Carter Will Be Back As The Red Queen In The Alice In Wonderland Sequel (From Cinema Blend. 12 March 2014, 4:56 PM, PDT)