We're not into giving out spoilers, but in the upcoming new psychological horror film "Stoker" by "Oldboy" director Chan-wook Park, a certain character not only doesn't make it out alive, their only purpose in the film seemed to be ... to die.
Looks like someone just had a red shirt moment.
"Red shirt," of course, refers the the classic "Star Trek" habit of having random Enterprise crew members — inevitably wearing a blood red uniform — accompany Spock and Kirk on a dangerous mission, only to die terribly while the main characters get away without a scratch.
So in honor of "Stoker," here's a look at some of our favorite red shirts in film history. Because if someone has to die, it might as well be someone we don't care at all about. Caution: Non-"Stoker" spoilers ahead!
Marvin in "Pulp Fiction"
As someone once famously said, "Aw, man, I shot Marvin in the face! »
- Scott Harris
Similar News ItemsStar Trek (2009)
- Box Office: ‘Jack Reacher: Never Go Back’ Edging ‘Madea Halloween’ in Heated Battle (From Variety - Film News. 21 October 2016, 2:44 PM, PDT)
- Chris Pine Joins Disney’s ‘A Wrinkle in Time’ (From Variety - Film News. 21 October 2016, 2:29 PM, PDT)
- Chris Pine Joins Ava DuVernay’s ‘A Wrinkle In Time’ (From Deadline. 21 October 2016, 2:05 PM, PDT)
- Black Panther Gets Ready Player One Star Letitia Wright as Serita (From MovieWeb. 21 October 2016, 9:54 AM, PDT)
- ‘Seoul Station’ Follows Hit ‘Train to Busan’ With Sales Success (From Variety - Film News. 21 October 2016, 8:29 AM, PDT)
- Movie News: Actresses Compete to Star in 'Deadpool 2'; First Look at Adam Driver in Martin Scorsese's 'Silence' (From Movies.com. 20 October 2016, 12:00 PM, PDT)
- 'Bad Moms' Is Good at Home, Plus This Week's New Digital HD and VOD Releases (From Movies.com. 18 October 2016, 4:30 PM, PDT)
- Love Is in the Air: All the New Celebrity Romances of 2016 - So Far! (From Popsugar. 17 October 2016, 7:30 PM, PDT)
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Attend Their First Official Event as a Rekindled Couple (From Popsugar. 14 October 2016, 5:10 PM, PDT)