Back in her heyday, when she was starring as bright-eyed Lizzie McGuire and earning headlining film roles in highbrow fare like "A Cinderella Story" and "Cheaper by the Dozen," the term "role model" was synonymous with Hilary Duff.
Apparently that role-model image is now returning to the 25-year-old actress, at least based on Tia Mowry's assessment. The new mom said Duff, also a recent mother, set the example for her when it came to the pressure to shed her baby weight.
Mowry, 34, told Us Weekly that she was flabbergasted by how long it was taking her to lose the pounds, even visiting her obstetrician after seeing photos of new moms looking thin just two months after giving birth. The "Sister, Sister" actress said Duff, who also reported troubles eliminating her baby weight, served as an inspiration not to subscribe to the pressures to become thin again immediately.
"I remember when I had my baby. »
- Matthew Jacobs
Similar News ItemsMegan Fox (I)
- Sizzle in Lingerie-Inspired Clothing Like Rihanna and Britney Spears (From Entertainment Tonight. 23 January 2015, 4:09 PM, PST)
- 221 Things Wrong with the New 'Ninja Turtles' Movie (From MovieWeb. 19 January 2015, 12:14 AM, PST)
- Snooki Shows Off Super Fit Post-Baby Body (From Entertainment Tonight. 18 January 2015, 7:08 PM, PST)
- Tia Mowry Talks Balancing Motherhood, Expanding Her Family & Son Cree Being A Child Star (From TooFab. 23 January 2015, 2:45 PM, PST)
- Christina Milian Delivers the Sweetest Advice for Pregnant Tamera Mowry: Get Ready for a New Best Friend! (From E! Online. 19 January 2015, 2:13 PM, PST)
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Announces Baby\'s Gender (From Access Hollywood. 9 January 2015, 6:13 AM, PST)
- Watch Viola Davis' Brief But Incisive SAG Awards Acceptance Speech + She Shares Her Love for Cicely Tyson (From ShadowAndAct. 26 January 2015, 8:19 AM, PST)
- "Orange Is the New Black" Stars Go Wild with Lupita Nyong'o at SAG Awards After-Party (From TooFab. 26 January 2015, 7:45 AM, PST)
- "Birdman" Flies High at SAG Awards, Eddie Redmayne Surprises (From Manny the Movie Guy. 26 January 2015, 7:37 AM, PST)