Back in her heyday, when she was starring as bright-eyed Lizzie McGuire and earning headlining film roles in highbrow fare like "A Cinderella Story" and "Cheaper by the Dozen," the term "role model" was synonymous with Hilary Duff.
Apparently that role-model image is now returning to the 25-year-old actress, at least based on Tia Mowry's assessment. The new mom said Duff, also a recent mother, set the example for her when it came to the pressure to shed her baby weight.
Mowry, 34, told Us Weekly that she was flabbergasted by how long it was taking her to lose the pounds, even visiting her obstetrician after seeing photos of new moms looking thin just two months after giving birth. The "Sister, Sister" actress said Duff, who also reported troubles eliminating her baby weight, served as an inspiration not to subscribe to the pressures to become thin again immediately.
"I remember when I had my baby. »
- Matthew Jacobs
Similar News ItemsMegan Fox (I)
- Females On Film: Ranking the summer's biggest box office winners based on lady roles (From Hitfix. 20 August 2014, 2:49 PM, PDT)
- Nick Cannon Returns in Teaser for VH1's ‘Drumline: A New Beat’ (Video) (From The Wrap. 19 August 2014, 11:16 AM, PDT)
- Box Office Results: The Expendables Live Up to Their Name (From Comingsoon.net. 17 August 2014, 10:36 AM, PDT)
- Tia and Tamera Mowry Answer Our Burning Questions About the '90s in Honor of Their New Young-Adult Book Series (From E! Online. 18 July 2014, 3:27 PM, PDT)
- Al from "Step By Step" -- See Her on the "Melissa & Joey" Season Finale (From TooFab. 30 May 2014, 10:30 AM, PDT)
- Found on Instagram: All Your Favorite ‘90s Stars (From Popsugar. 23 May 2014, 12:19 PM, PDT)
- 2014 Emmy Awards: Play Our "TV Stars: Which Hit Role Was Better?" Game Now! (From E! Online. 21 August 2014, 7:05 AM, PDT)
- TheWrap's ‘Breaking Bold’ Emmy Predictions: Who Will Win? Who Should Win (From The Wrap. 21 August 2014, 6:53 AM, PDT)
- Walter White vs. Hal Wilkerson: The Most Memorable Roles of the 2014 Emmy Nominees Face-Off (From PEOPLE.com. 20 August 2014, 2:30 PM, PDT)