News Simon Brew 27 Feb 2013 - 06:40
Not so good news: Flatliners is getting a remake. Better news: it's got some good people involved...
The pillaging of the movies of the 90s has been underway for sometime, as Hollywood executives scour their back catalogues for possible remakes. And it looks as if Flatliners is next up. This was a project first murmured about two years ago, but it seems as if it's got fresh wind.
The original Flatliners was directed by Joel Schumacher, and featured Kiefer Sutherland, Julia Roberts, Kevin Bacon and William Baldwin. And the central premise of it was a bunch of medical students who basically let each other die for a minute or two, before bringing each other back to life. That way, they could explore what lies beyond death. Red coats, if memory serves.
It's not a perfect film, but it's a good and interesting one. And while, »
Similar News ItemsJulia Roberts (I)
- Emmys Top Twitter TV Ratings, But Can’t Compete With Oscars (From Variety - TV News. 26 August 2014, 2:28 PM, PDT)
- Emmys: Time for TV to Get Over Its Inferiority Complex (From Variety - TV News. 26 August 2014, 1:01 PM, PDT)
- Inside Emmy Night’s Wild and Glamorous After-Parties (From Variety - TV News. 26 August 2014, 12:50 PM, PDT)
Kevin Bacon (I)
- Tsr Blog: ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ and the Gooey Racket of Nostalgia (From Scorecard Review. 24 August 2014, 10:43 AM, PDT)
- Indie Audax Outbids For David Weil Spec ‘Moonfall’ (From Deadline New York. 20 August 2014, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- Entertainment Geekly: When did superhero movies get so unsurprising? (From EW.com - PopWatch. 15 August 2014, 12:30 PM, PDT)
- 11 late-period 'Simpsons' episodes you should watch this week (From EW.com - Inside TV. 26 August 2014, 9:00 PM, PDT)
- Who is Sacha Dhawan?: The rise of British TV's most prolific star (From Digital Spy - TV news. 26 August 2014, 1:00 AM, PDT)
- 'Homeland' Producers on How '24' "Islamophobia" Concerns Inspired the Show (From The Hollywood Reporter. 22 August 2014, 9:00 AM, PDT)