I remember the first year I was really invested in the outcome of the Academy Awards. I was 7 or 8, and Titanic was up for Best Picture. My mom, who taught me everything I know about pop culture, was in serious fangirl mode over the whole thing — she had a Heart of the Ocean replica necklace, we had a 3-D puzzle of the ship itself, and she had let me watch the movie on VHS with her, fast forwarding through the naughty scenes.
But I also had a strict bedtime.
At 8 p.m. (very strict), I was told it was time for me to retire. »
- Amanda Taylor
Similar News ItemsJennifer Lawrence (III)
- Bryan Singer developing The Age of Heroes adaptation (From Flickeringmyth. 11 July 2014, 4:20 AM, PDT)
- This Week's Can't-Miss Celebrity Pics! (From Popsugar. 10 July 2014, 10:43 PM, PDT)
- New Video from The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 Features Beetee Latier and Johanna Mason (From ShockYa. 10 July 2014, 11:38 AM, PDT)
- Stacy Keibler: Pregnancy Isn't "An Excuse to Eat Donuts" (From Us Weekly. 12 July 2014, 7:33 AM, PDT)
- 10 Stories You Might Have Missed: Is the Coens' 'Hail Caesar' turning into 'Ocean's 14'? (From Hitfix. 11 July 2014, 9:46 PM, PDT)
- Here's Why You Don't Want to Ever Mess With George Clooney (From Popsugar. 11 July 2014, 11:31 AM, PDT)
- 150 random celebrities, painstakingly sorted into Hogwarts houses (From EW.com - PopWatch. 8 July 2014, 11:42 AM, PDT)
- Jimmy Fallon brings you a Neil Young cover of 'Fancy' you never thought was possible (From Hitfix. 8 July 2014, 12:54 AM, PDT)
- Anne Hathaway and Adam Shulman Steal Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield's Cute Paparazzi Sign Idea (From E! Online. 7 July 2014, 11:04 AM, PDT)