I remember the first year I was really invested in the outcome of the Academy Awards. I was 7 or 8, and Titanic was up for Best Picture. My mom, who taught me everything I know about pop culture, was in serious fangirl mode over the whole thing — she had a Heart of the Ocean replica necklace, we had a 3-D puzzle of the ship itself, and she had let me watch the movie on VHS with her, fast forwarding through the naughty scenes.
But I also had a strict bedtime.
At 8 p.m. (very strict), I was told it was time for me to retire. »
- Amanda Taylor
Similar News ItemsJennifer Lawrence (III)
- Int’l Box Office Update: ‘Guardians’ Now 3rd Biggest Marvel Movie Ever; ‘Dracula Untold’, ‘Gone Girl’, ‘Annabelle’ Hold Well; Local Action In France, Mexico; More (From Deadline New York. 19 October 2014, 5:19 PM, PDT)
- X-Men: Days of Future Past concept art features Quicksilver (From Flickeringmyth. 19 October 2014, 12:57 PM, PDT)
- 20 Celebrity Photobombs Guaranteed to Crack You Up (From Popsugar. 18 October 2014, 5:10 PM, PDT)
- 'Vampire Diaries' Candice Accola Marries The Fray's Joe King (From Entertainment Tonight. 19 October 2014, 11:54 AM, PDT)
- 'Glee's' Matthew Morrison Marries Renee Puente (From Entertainment Tonight. 19 October 2014, 10:11 AM, PDT)
- Amal Clooney: Her Surprising Private Side (From PEOPLE.com. 19 October 2014, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Action-Packed New TV Spot Released For Christopher Nolan's Interstellar (From ComicBookMovie. 19 October 2014, 3:22 PM, PDT)
- Thoughts I Had... The "Big Eyes" Poster (From FilmExperience. 19 October 2014, 6:16 AM, PDT)
- The Callow Way – Why Christopher Nolan is wrong (From Flickeringmyth. 19 October 2014, 1:18 AM, PDT)